Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results

bring on 20mb adsl, let me be done with this lottery.

Go for it. I get over 40mbps on LTE on speedtest, but downloads are pathetic at 80 kbps (not not talking about P2P or Usenet) normal downloads. Telkom is doing something.
 
5482745484.png
 
You know what im going to do, I'm going to register on a VPN, then i'm going to download each and every torrent it can think off. 50GB FUP, well i'm going to p2p download terrabytes of junk via VPN.
Telkom wil vir my skade maak, en ek sal vir hulle #$$% skade maak.

lmfao
 
You know what im going to do, I'm going to register on a VPN, then i'm going to download each and every torrent it can think off. 50GB FUP, well i'm going to p2p download terrabytes of junk via VPN.
Telkom wil vir my skade maak, en ek sal vir hulle #$$% skade maak.

Please teach me master :love:

I mostly download NNTP between 00h00 and 07h00 anyway. Can one exclude these downloads from Telkom FUP via a premium VPN?
 
Please teach me master :love:

I mostly download NNTP between 00h00 and 07h00 anyway. Can one exclude these downloads from Telkom FUP via a premium VPN?


Let me also be clear on this, I don't do this, I have been playing by the rules. But now we sit here with a situation, I got Telkom LTE to stream at nights when i get home. unfortunately i cannot stream when my speeds are 0.5 - 2mbps. So unfortunately this leaves me with no choice but to torrent my movies until Telkom fixes this k@k.
 
Last edited:
You know what im going to do, I'm going to register on a VPN, then i'm going to download each and every torrent it can think off. 50GB FUP, well i'm going to p2p download terrabytes of junk via VPN.
Telkom wil vir my skade maak, en ek sal vir hulle #$$% skade maak.

+1 Ja. Telkom het vir my skade gemaak (geld gevat) en ek sal vir julle fo***n skade maak!!!!!

Let the p2p over VPN commence! I have also sticked to the 50GB p2p FUP but Telkom gives a sh** about fixing the backhaul so I will congest it more!!! ;)
 
And the other users suffer? I have absolutely no issues off peak or peak. Cant always do speedtest due to no signal yet in real usage no dropping or buffering of netflix. FB slow sometimes but a mobile FB issue I suspect.
 
And the other users suffer? I have absolutely no issues off peak or peak. Cant always do speedtest due to no signal yet in real usage no dropping or buffering of netflix. FB slow sometimes but a mobile FB issue I suspect.

That's what I was thinking.

The issue probably is people by-passing the FUP with VPN's and schit.
 
That's what I was thinking.

The issue probably is people by-passing the FUP with VPN's and schit.

Its not. If this was the case the speed will be k@k 24/7 for everyone. Not certain people around at the same time each night. Telkom did something to some of the towers or there is some sort of routing problem.

Just to get back to the P2P, how is streaming something any better than downloading a torrent?, If anything its everyone that streaming that's causing this.
 
Its not. If this was the case the speed will be k@k 24/7 for everyone. Not certain people around at the same time each night. Telkom did something to some of the towers or there is some sort of routing problem.

Just to get back to the P2P, how is streaming something any better than downloading a torrent?, If anything its everyone that streaming that's causing this.

Streaming a video and downloading a 7GB file isn't the same thing.
 
Streaming a video and downloading a 7GB file isn't the same thing.

???
Who says its 7gb?, that like a standard?
Wonder how much data it takes to stream a HD movie or a rugby game.

If you think about it, 1 out of 20 people probably torrent. i would say 1 out of 2 people stream. Yet the 1 out of 20 people will get flack or the blame for the degrading network speed for downloading his Game of Thrones torrent, but the vast majority that's streaming, they think they are innocent and blames the person who torrents :erm::whistle:

nb. Not that i'm torrenting, I have been joking about starting again, but haven't. i'm just tired of people playing the blame game without any facts.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X