• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Care to share what DNS servers you are running... ?
B315 doesn't allow you to change the DNS (at least for WiFi anyway). So Telkom default. Did try manual settings (with Google DNS servers) on device, but that didn't help either. Rebooting a few times sorted it out.

dotcat

So since the big storm that ripped through KZN on the weekend the speeds have been amazing. + 60Mbps on every Speedtest. Or perhaps they have just added capacity over the weekend.

Fjorko

Last edited:

BLIXEMPIE

Executive Member
Been having serious issues on the Telkom LTE network in my area since Friday last week. I thought I was being shaped, but as I'm on uncapped LTE, as well as prepaid Telkom on my phone, I confirmed that I get the same terrible speeds on both my router and phone.

I am in Moreleta Park. Anyone else getting the results I do?

Ping: 17ms
Download: 0.77Mbps
Upload: 1.06Mbps

adielk

Expert Member
Been having serious issues on the Telkom LTE network in my area since Friday last week. I thought I was being shaped, but as I'm on uncapped LTE, as well as prepaid Telkom on my phone, I confirmed that I get the same terrible speeds on both my router and phone.

I am in Moreleta Park. Anyone else getting the results I do?

Ping: 17ms
Download: 0.77Mbps
Upload: 1.06Mbps
Since last night at least close to 18mbps for LTE on average.

Lower average than in the past but better than below 2mbps I got last week.

Pretoria East

adielk

Expert Member
These days I around 14mbps on average on the Smart Wireless Uncapped LTE sim.
The day they installed the booster I got about 62mbps and a average of about 57mbps.
Yep I hit 72 mbps then averaged 50mbps which declined to 32-35mbps. Then down to 18 mbps average. But mostly below 10mbps during peak.