Telkom Mobile MultiSIM launched

Obronie

Great inovation that is adding massive value. Move on, nothing to see.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Too late, I ask months ago... I now have this with Cell C...... You lost 1 customer Telkom Mobile (8ta)......

avert

Too late, I ask months ago... I now have this with Cell C...... You lost 1 customer Telkom Mobile (8ta)......
you have 2 sims on 1 contract(specifically voice) from cellc? Cellc keeps telling me they cant do this, would love to move family members onto my account which barely gets touched.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
That is a really great service. It means I can have a sim with a big data bundle on my phone and then just a sim on my ipad which hardly uses 3g but needs it sometimes. I like it.

falcon786

Executive Member
you have 2 sims on 1 contract(specifically voice) from cellc? Cellc keeps telling me they cant do this, would love to move family members onto my account which barely gets touched.
Go into a store,I have a dual sim service from them but its supposed to be more of a primary/slave kind of service although mine works either way even if both are on.The secondary sim shows a different number but uses the same bundles.

Its a once of charge for the sim only.Surprisingly not all the Cell C agents know about it so insist on speaking to a supervisor if the call agent doesn't know.Cell C riversquare activated mine for me quickly and easily.I use one in my s3 and the other in my ipad.I have tried it on two phones at the same time and it works also.

Last edited:

Big Sub-Zero

I have an active 10 gig promo data account, the plan is to have all my 5 SIMs liked to that data plan. All my Internet needs will be taken care of for life because with the 10 gig promo you continue paying R199 pm for life even after the contract term has elapsed unless you cancel it.

Last edited:

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Go into a store,I have a dual sim service from them but its supposed to be more of a primary/slave kind of service although mine works either way even if both are on.The secondary sim shows a different number but uses the same bundles.

Its a once of charge for the sim only.Surprisingly not all the Cell C agents know about it so insist on speaking to a supervisor if the call agent doesn't know.Cell C riversquare activated mine for me quickly and easily.I use one in my s3 and the other in my ipad.I have tried it on two phones at the same time and it works also.
Well colour me surprised!

krycor

Honorary Master
This is without a doubt the best thing ever!! Now households can have a primary account, convergent billing... this is how it begins. Hope other operators start offering similar as its a cool way to consolidate data for mobiles devices and even voice if need be

Sinbad

Honorary Master
now to wait a couple months for one of my 10 gig contracts to expire...

AnibugZA

It's great news, but I wish it weren't only for contracts. I have two 8ta prepaid SIMs, one in my Blackberry with BIS and one data SIM in a WiFi hotspot, that I would love to be able to link together. Why can't the R9pm just come right off my airtime, like they do with BIS? My R60pm comes off automatically every month from my airtime.

yyv

This is without a doubt the best thing ever!! Now households can have a primary account, convergent billing... this is how it begins. Hope other operators start offering similar as its a cool way to consolidate data for mobiles devices and even voice if need be
Vodacom have been offering this service for years. I have 3 multis-sims linked to my primary vodacom number. 1 in my laptop, 1 in ipad and 1 in my 3G dongle.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
I'm considering getting a contract with a Galaxy S4, adding one of these new multiSIMs, then buying a 60GB + 60GB bundle on the contract. I'll never have to worry about the S4 running out of data (I have good Telkom network coverage at home and at work) and I can use the 60GB for my regular internet needs on my 3G router.

Can't do that on Vodacom.

Last edited:

Bern

Expert Member
Awesome new, and then they blew it R1/mb and R2.75/min get real guys.
This is such a pity, the phrase "almost made it" comes to mind.

This is epic! I am going to sort this out post haste so I can have my dumb "out&about" phone receive calls to my normal number and not put my expensive smartphone at risk:)

Bern

Expert Member
Why do these rates matter? Just buy more bundles.
because they are obviously there to nail you when you forget or someone else is using one of the other cards and doesn't realise the bundle is depleted (main target in my view). Why have two rates - think about the likely scenarios and how they can make money out of these. Remember once you are on a service like this where you have a group now tied in it is not as simple to shift to another provider (mainly hassle and convenience).