Telkom Mobile VoLTE capable?

PDF_27

Ive recently moved over from cellc to Telkom mobile, and now I am unable to access the internet or social media (WhatsApp) when I'm on a call.
When I insert my cellc sim card, I get the VoLTE image displayed by my signal bar, and can therefore access the internet whilst on a call, but it doesn't do the same when Telkom sim is inserted. The signal drops from 4G to 3G the second the call is made with Telkom. All the relevant settings are correct on my Huawei P20 Pro. I can access the internet immediately once I put the phone down but not during the call.

I called customer care and they advised me Telkom Mobile is VoLTE capable, but they cannot help me as to why I am not getting the option even though it is activated in my phone settings.

Is there something I need to do in order to activate VoLTE? Anyone have similar issues?

I have enabled 4G, enabled VoLTE calls as well as wifi calling and set preferred mode to wifi as per the VoLTE and VoWIFI pdf file online

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Don't think it is enable on telkom, don't think they focusing to get it rolled out yet.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I seriously doubt Cellc has VoLTE unless I've been living under a rock. The only network that has VoLTE thus far is Vodacom. Cellc does however have Wifi calling so maybe you are referring to this?

PDF_27

I seriously doubt Cellc has VoLTE unless I've been living under a rock. The only network that has VoLTE thus far is Vodacom. Cellc does however have Wifi calling so maybe you are referring to this?
I definitely have VoLTE display on my phone with CellC SIM in. It also says VoWifi as well if I select WiFi calling on and as preferred method. Whether VoLTE works or not I cannot say

sajunky

Honorary Master
I think VoLTE is currently in testing stage, a reason for increased battery drain on the VoLTE capable phones.

To use this feature your phone must receive carrier update from Telkom, probably not ready yet.

Ricobyore

I have the same problem with my B525 router, VoLTE is enabled but also drops to 3G during a call, and cuts off the data connection. I see on the VoLTE setup page there is an ISM that is not registered. Does anyone know what this is? Telkom specifically advertises VoLTE with this modem.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Necro alert

I only realised today that my phone is VoLTE capable.

Does this still not work on TM?

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
OK, so I read a thread this morning about someone being able to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on TM successfully.

I really need to get VoWiFi working since I get terrible reception in my bedroom

srvittal

Yesterday I contacted TM call centre with regards to the VoLTE and initially, they had no clue what it was. Eventually, a consultant understood what I asked and she said that it is active on the network and that I needed to get it activated which I asked her to do. She said it will take 24hrs to activate and reflect the settings on my phone, till now VoLTE hasn't been activated but will surely keep you all posted.

The main reason I want to know if TM network has VoLTE is because of the smartbroadband wireless, it is advertised with Voice over LTE calls if it is not supported on the network then during calls the internet will drop. Speaking the technical team at Telkom they say this is not the case but sales insist it is. Does the SmartBroadband Wireless have VoLTE or is this misleading advertising?

srvittal

I received confirmation that VoLTE is available on Telkom Mobile for FLLA, SmartVoice, and SmartBroadbrand Wireless.

Tim Apple

I received confirmation that VoLTE is available on Telkom Mobile for FLLA, SmartVoice, and SmartBroadbrand Wireless.
Where did you obtain this confirmation and how can one go about having VoLTE (and VoWiFi) activated on the sim ?

Thank you

srvittal

Where did you obtain this confirmation and how can one go about having VoLTE (and VoWiFi) activated on the sim ?

Thank you
The Telkom representative on the forum confirmed this for me. I believe that only if you on one of the mentioned plans will it be possible to activate. The possible workaround maybe is to somehow get the consultant to activate it at the call centre provided they know what you talking about.