Telkom self install verify

ColinR

Expert Member
I'm trying to verify a new adsl line, and I keep getting the same error, Telkom doesn't know what to do either, help!

1. Line is synched
2. Tried with Telkom guest account and normal ISP

ColinR

Expert Member
As always with Telkom it's who you speak to that counts! I spoke to a delightful consultant that sorted the problem out in a few seconds.
After ages on the phone with no luck 2 days in a row.

apollos

Can you tell me how you managed to speak to this genie cos I'm having exactly the same problem. I've tried everything and had about 4 phonecalls to absolute idiots. I've even tried rubbing my router three times to see if a verification genie will pop out, but no luck.

ColinR

Expert Member
From what I gathered from the final consultant, I was activated for vdsl, not adsl. This is what caused the issue. You just need to keep trying until you find someone helpful.

apollos

Ok thanks. I originally ordered VDSL but cancelled it and had to wait to reorder ADSL. Now I have all lights going on my router and access to the telkom website, yet the verification gives me that same screen. Every consultant I speak to asks me to reset my router and won't even listen to me that I've done that before.

The latest I've been told is that their verification service is down and I must try again later. After about 2hrs worth of phonecalls.

ColinR

Expert Member
Every consultant I speak to asks me to reset my router and won't even listen to me that I've done that before.
The latest I've been told is that their verification service is down and I must try again later. After about 2hrs worth of phonecalls.
Sounds oh so familiar! Nothing you say fixes it. When you call, if you're getting no joy - simply say ok, thanks, bye. Then redial. You'll get someone eventually.