Telkom to Cybersmart Migration

Josh Parker

Hey, I have applied to migrate from telkom to cybersmart (adsl circuit) and they say they got the order number from telkom but that was on the 19th of Feb and it's still not done, please any suggestions or reasons

Thanks

Johnfpro

It takes at least 2 weeks... Flicking the switch takes concentration and effort.

Elvis007

Leave your adsl line rental with Telkom, Cybersmart is going to charge you R200 to move it back if you cancel with them

Josh Parker

But last week they said latest last friday, now they said telkom sent them a message saying eitha tommorow or latest thursday

Wag

Expert Member
Leave your adsl line rental with Telkom, Cybersmart is going to charge you R200 to move it back if you cancel with them
+1 and helkom is going to nail you for another R600 plus when you migrate it back to them (helkom)

mika1000

Expert Member
Well, it took only two days to migrate my line from Cybersmart, back to Telkom. Looks like I'm lucky.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
um, why are you moving to CyberSmart when everyone else is dropping prices?

Stamstein

Well, it took only two days to migrate my line from Cybersmart, back to Telkom. Looks like I'm lucky.
Please do tell about this process.......How long ago did you notify Cybersmart of your intention to cancel/migrate your account? Did you contact and apply to Telkom for the migration before or after giving Cybersmart notice? Did Telkom charge you an 'installation' fee? Was there any downtime between swapping accounts?
I'm desperate to get off my Cybersmart one-price package considering their very tepid response to my enquiries about recent uncapped developments.

acidb

Expert Member
The migration should be seemless and you shouldn't experience any 'down' time, but then again we are talking about Telkom here...