Telkom Vodacom 65505 roaming disaster

m4tic

How can we make the engineers aware that this is a very bad solution. The way this new Vodacom partnership is setup is that it's roaming but it's deceptively set as a home network meaning unlike before when you manually choose a network search it won't lock on to one because both are home networks.

This is very bad as from what I gather it only prioritizes signal strength as opposed to Telkom as no.1 then Vodafone 65505 as no.2. To make things worse the Telkom net data doesn't even work under this new Telkom network and which means for a lot of us its an annoying experience as the networks constantly switch around as you move about your day meaning loss of productivity with apps not recieving data.

This deserves attention guys

gamer16

Executive Member
One was a cell c SIM then ported the other is my contract work line. The call rates are very affordable and free especially to landlines.

And when did this thread take a U-turn? I see what's happening.
Because Mybb is a bunch of cats in more way than one, but difficult to heard and keep focused in this case.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Why not just move to Vodacom, then you wont have the issue of switching between networks?
Why not just give is money so we can do that? :rolleyes:

I can buy 1GB of Telkom data for R99 and 2GB of Telkom data for R139, while 1GB of Vodacom is R149, and 2G is R249. I could get 3GB of Telkom data for R201. Luckily that Telkom data can roam, but just illustrating price differences.

Now for Telkom network only data. I am paying R99pm for a 10GB per month, while Vodacom asks R249 for the same (and they increase contract prices mid contract and the data can't really be transferred to anyone else).

Can I send my banking details? Either for a R‭3 576‬ lumpsum or a R150pm monthly payment?

SparkzZA

Hi there. Would somebody be able to assist me please. About a week ago my TelkomSA connection changed to 65505 (Roaming) using my dongle on my laptops. It connects to the network on the laptops but there is never any Internet connection. When I put the Sim in my phone it works fine with Internet connectivity (auto switching between TelkomSA and 65505 (Roaming)); yet I still can't get the Internet connection via my laptops.

The dongle works fine with net connection for other carrier Sims.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

BBSA

Honorary Master
Hi there. Would somebody be able to assist me please. About a week ago my TelkomSA connection changed to 65505 (Roaming) using my dongle on my laptops. It connects to the network on the laptops but there is never any Internet connection. When I put the Sim in my phone it works fine with Internet connectivity (auto switching between TelkomSA and 65505 (Roaming)); yet I still can't get the Internet connection via my laptops.

Did you enable data roaming?

cavedog

Honorary Master

You need to enable the data roaming setting in the router dongle.

If you have an all network bundle it will work if you have a telkom only data bundle then it will redirect to the out of bundle page.

Craig

Honorary Master
This was a complete f up yesterday, could use my Telkom data at all. It's better tonight actually.

master4real

Can anyone confirm if this roaming deal only works on 3g/4g? Since last week, my mom’s phone cannot access the network because she is using a small 2g phone. Her place doesnt have Telkom coverage.

richjdavies

Doesn't seem to work on 3g or 2G from my experience. Maybe it is tower by tower?

Worked fine on MTN. Doesn't even do OOB now!