Telkom Vodacom 65505 roaming disaster

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Can anyone confirm if this roaming deal only works on 3g/4g? Since last week, my mom’s phone cannot access the network because she is using a small 2g phone. Her place doesnt have Telkom coverage.
2G equipment does not allow networks to broadcast more than one network code/name.

3G and LTE equipment allows multiple operators network codes / names to be broadcasted.

Therefore Telkom Customers can roam on Vodacom 2G, but not on Vodacom 3G or LTE.

3G and LTE will be seen as a home network, and not roaming on the Vodacom Network for Telkom customers.

marioat1

Expert Member
Can anyone confirm if this roaming deal only works on 3g/4g? Since last week, my mom’s phone cannot access the network because she is using a small 2g phone. Her place doesnt have Telkom coverage.
She needs to manually connect to the vodascum network once, thereafter it'll be automatic apparently.

master4real

She needs to manually connect to the vodascum network once, thereafter it'll be automatic apparently.
It keeps on saying network failed to register or no access to this network. I should try to call Telkom.

gwenrb

It keeps on saying network failed to register or no access to this network. I should try to call Telkom.
I have 2 Sims one picked up 65505 code and registered on the network while the other one is also having issues registering on the network???o_O

m4tic

There's an android app called 4G Switcher been using it for some time monitoring this issue. Seems selecting WCDMA only will kick back into telkom while sacrificing LTE speeds but where I am it's sufficient enough for video calls Screenshot_20190719-212258.png