The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

abudabi

Expert Member
Hope you get well soon.
Thanks man. Yeah been battling with back issues for years since an injury in my twenties. Been quite good the last few years but did some box jumps on saturday and didn't cushion my 1 landing properly... now I'm paying for it. :cautious:

I'll be back for you buggers soon enough though. Can't let lil mis kettlebell take all the glory ;)

InvisibleJim

Thanks man. Yeah been battling with back issues for years since an injury in my twenties. Been quite good the last few years but did some box jumps on saturday and didn't cushion my 1 landing properly... now I'm paying for it. :cautious:

I'll be back for you buggers soon enough though. Can't let lil mis kettlebell take all the glory ;)
That sucks, get well soon.

Maybe get your steps in if you're up to it. That way you can still give Choffel a run for her money!

dabean

Expert Member
Nice. Are you treating that like a HIIT type workout? Also been meaning to ask you about the Jump rope, whether you go for 45 minutes (ish) cardio steady state or see it as a HIIT or interval type workout
HIIT yes, 3 minutes rounds with 1 minute rest. That's basically what got me fit in the first place. In the last round above you can see I went anaerobic for a bit (consciously to push myself). You can get used to any workout.

I'm mostly doing lactate threshold training when I jump rope for that long. It's easy to know when you cross the limit with the rope. I trip up lots but either start straight up again or take a short rest (HIIT is fine too, I just try to make the most of the time).

Edit: I meant to link this article sorry: https://heartzones.com/zone-4-the-threshold/
I'm basically trying to increase the intensity of workout I can sustain as far as possible. Probably not the wisest move in the long run, but it's fun for now.

Last edited:

dabean

Expert Member
If workouts feel harder than normal or I feel knackered the next day it's usually a sign to take a day or two off.

Higher than usual heart rate first thing in the morning is another thing I keep an eye on.

It's easy to get carried away with progress and overdo things, just try and listen to your body.

InvisibleJim

1555003915156.png

Warm up Jog, Indian clubs to warm up the arms then 3 sets tricep dips, bodyweight squats, eccentric forward lunges, feet elevated pushups, deadbugs and candlestick bridges. Finished with sprints, planks and cooldown/stretch.

abudabi

Expert Member
Forgot to check in last night. Was getting withdrawals from not exercising since the weekend :)

Went to gym and tried my usual circuit workout.. 2nd machine and I felt my back saying "hello.. I'm still here" So stopped and KLAPPED the assualt fitness bike. Man my legs havent had a workout like that in a while.

Felt great!