The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

InvisibleJim

Trail running just pulls me in somehow. That looks awesome.

Have you done that race before? What distance are you aiming for.
I've done the 20k twice. I am down to do the 10 this time with a couple of friends plus I've not been running so much recently and the 20k is quite challenging compared to a 10 or 15k.

I much prefer trail to road running. It works your body in different ways and I love being in the great outdoors with some dirt under my boots!

abudabi

Expert Member
I've done the 20k twice. I am down to do the 10 this time with a couple of friends plus I've not been running so much recently and the 20k is quite challenging compared to a 10 or 15k.

I much prefer trail to road running. It works your body in different ways and I love being in the great outdoors with some dirt under my boots!
Same. Love trail compared to road but my damn knees... Reckon a knee gauard and some inserts would help ?

(I over pronate)

InvisibleJim

Same. Love trail compared to road but my damn knees... Reckon a knee gauard and some inserts would help ?

(I over pronate)
Unfortunately, I can't really give any constructive comment on pronation/gait etc. I'm not clued up on it at all.

I believe some Sportsmans Warehouse and other stores have some sort of service for assessing running style if that is any help. Sorry I can't be of more help.

InvisibleJim

1555352444958.png
Warm up: jog, Indian clubs for arms and some dynamic stretches for legs. 3 sets: Tricep Dips, bodyweight squats, feet elevated pushups, eccentric contraction deadlifts with a 15kg Sandbag, half bridges and hanging leg raises. finished off with some wall assisted handstands and planks then stretch and cooldown.

Sinbad

Honorary Master

(I over pronate)
Go to Randburg Runner in linden. He really knows his stuff.
You'll end up with some Brooks control tekkies.

InvisibleJim

1555522356890.png
Jog and Indian clubs to warm up. 3 Sets chinups, squats, uneven pushups, bulgarian split squats, windscreen wipers and straight bridges. Attempted a couple of dragon flags then a few minutes jump rope then planks and cool down.