The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

akescpt

Honorary Master
how do i measure time on the bike? with the inclement weather i cant go walk so i need to somehow measure the effort on the exercise bike.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
how do i measure time on the bike? with the inclement weather i cant go walk so i need to somehow measure the effort on the exercise bike.
Fitness tracker that does heart rate and calories and/or heart monitor+smartphone app?

APoc184

Honorary Master
Trying to get back into things.

After our little holiday I completely fell off the wagon (mostly because of stress at the business) and I think that wagon might have run me over a few times for good measure.

Gained surprisingly less weight than I thought with all the binge eating.

Now to stay focused and disciplined.

Screenshot_20190612-185638_Connect.jpeg

dabean

Expert Member
Trying to get back into things.

After our little holiday I completely fell off the wagon (mostly because of stress at the business) and I think that wagon might have run me over a few times for good measure.

Gained surprisingly less weight than I thought with all the binge eating.

Now to stay focused and disciplined.

View attachment 671437
I smoked a whole pack of cigarettes this weekend (first time in years), and I can't find my rope so double withdrawal for me. Day 3 cigarette free lol.

It doesn't matter how many times you fall as long as you keep standing up again.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1560448360044.png

Didn't feel much like anything complicated today. Just had a jog around the car park followed by some chin ups and focussed on a bit of stretching to finish.

dabean

Expert Member
I’ve just been making up for a lifetime of not dancing. It feels wrong to log it somehow. I’ll buy a new rope tomorrow.

O ja, my kak is geboek.

Comrades 2021. Double Comrades (as in set off the night before from the other end) 2022.

Gentlemen’s wager.

abudabi

Expert Member
I’ve just been making up for a lifetime of not dancing. It feels wrong to log it somehow. I’ll buy a new rope tomorrow.

O ja, my kak is geboek.

Comrades 2021. Double Comrades (as in set off the night before from the other end) 2022.

Gentlemen’s wager.
Sjooooooooooooo.... Is that a thing?

abudabi

Expert Member
:D

Did a park run/jog/walk with the family today. Kids didn't whine too much. 47 mins for my 8 yo son and I. Very proud of him.

Last edited:

APoc184

Honorary Master
Was suppose to do approx 1km of sprints this morning along with my core session. But damn it was too cold.

So decided to do it now after lunch with the family. Paced slower but did 3x the distance.

And Week #2 complete of sticking 100% to the diet again. All clothes fitting again.

Screenshot_20190616-172440_Connect.jpeg

APoc184

Honorary Master
Had the time and felt good enough to push 10min longer and fit in a whole 3 x sets of an extra exercise today.

But HRM on my Garmin acted up after about 40min and kept reading between 60-70 bpm for the duration. Thus bringing down my whole Avg HR and estimated calories burned. Not a massive issue though.

CONNECT.jpg