The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

Back, shoulders and biceps earlier.

Think it is time for a new Garmin watch. 3rd time now the HRM bombed out halfway through a session. Even with HR racing at 150+ it was still reading around 70 the whole time.

Screenshot_20190626-205653_Connect.jpeg
 
Morning leg session.

HRM is definitely fooked. Stuck again in no zone for long periods. No way my HR was only about 70 while doing squats.

Gonna try a hard reset later today and check next week's workouts.

Screenshot_20190630-110031_Connect.jpeg
 
Yesterday afternoon I also did a very relaxed sprint session with the wife.

She wants to slowly start getting back into getting fitter and leaner again so I joined her to encourage a bit more.

Screenshot_20190701-105402_Connect.jpeg
 
Yesterday afternoon I also did a very relaxed sprint session with the wife.

She wants to slowly start getting back into getting fitter and leaner again so I joined her to encourage a bit more.

Nice.. It's great when you can do it together. Sometimes the wife prods me... sometimes I have to drag her :D

Came back from holiday and I was 1.5kg up .. Ate when I wanted / what I wanted and how much I wanted :)
Now to get back into the exercise routine.
 
Nice.. It's great when you can do it together. Sometimes the wife prods me... sometimes I have to drag her :D

Came back from holiday and I was 1.5kg up .. Ate when I wanted / what I wanted and how much I wanted :)
Now to get back into the exercise routine.

Hope she gets back into it properly like a year ago where she religiously hit the weights alongside me 4 days a week. Shape of her life even after two children.

I've learned not to push her at all. She is stubborn (and good with excuses), so she needs to make the choice herself. Only then she sticks to it and goes full out.

Good luck getting back into your diet and routine. DISCIPLINE DISCIPLINE DISCIPLINE!!
 
After a few weeks' poor exercise routine I gave myself a stern talking to when I wanted to wimp out tonight.

Restarted the 30 day ab program as I really liked it last time. Gonna try and do it in 30 actual days this time :D
 
Which wearable is everyone using? Was going to go Apple but worried it’s not going to get gym right. I’m doing mainly walking but starting gym type stuff soonish.

And moving from walking to running eventually.
 
Which wearable is everyone using? Was going to go Apple but worried it’s not going to get gym right. I’m doing mainly walking but starting gym type stuff soonish.

And moving from walking to running eventually.

Garmin Vivoactive.

Few years old now and has worked really hard and really well over time. But I do think it is time for an upgrade. Kinda looks like a house arrest tracker to be honest.

For walking, running and daily tracking it works 100%. It does struggle (like all other wrist-based HRM) to correctly measure High Intensity Training like my sprints and weight lifting. It does not like very sudden changes in HR.

Had a 3 x Fitbits before the Garmin. Also did a great job with tracking and their app is really nice, but the build quality was horrible in all my cases. All 3 failed or broke in someway. On the 3rd warranty exchange I went with Garmin.

Been patiently waiting for the eBucks store to come to the party with a 40% off on a Garmin Fenix. They are so pretty and battery life is great.
 
Garmin Vivoactive.

Few years old now and has worked really hard and really well over time. But I do think it is time for an upgrade. Kinda looks like a house arrest tracker to be honest.

For walking, running and daily tracking it works 100%. It does struggle (like all other wrist-based HRM) to correctly measure High Intensity Training like my sprints and weight lifting. It does not like very sudden changes in HR.

Had a 3 x Fitbits before the Garmin. Also did a great job with tracking and their app is really nice, but the build quality was horrible in all my cases. All 3 failed or broke in someway. On the 3rd warranty exchange I went with Garmin.

Been patiently waiting for the eBucks store to come to the party with a 40% off on a Garmin Fenix. They are so pretty and battery life is great.

Thanx. The HR measurement does worry me. I have a Tom Tom so I’m contemplating just getting a HR strap. Only thing it doesn’t do is activity tracking. Facepalm I know.

Been reading the strap is accurate. I’ve been reading a lot but one device doesn’t seem to suited to everything. Maybe I should just keep with my combo solution and add the strap.
 
Thanx. The HR measurement does worry me. I have a Tom Tom so I’m contemplating just getting a HR strap. Only thing it doesn’t do is activity tracking. Facepalm I know.

Been reading the strap is accurate. I’ve been reading a lot but one device doesn’t seem to suited to everything. Maybe I should just keep with my combo solution and add the strap.

Strap is definitely the way to go if you want accurate HR readings, all wrist based trackers struggle with quick changes. And they all pretty much get it within a 5% range of accuracy on things like jogging/walking (there are a bunch of site that did the tests).

I just find the strap gets in the way for me when doing weights. Almost smashed it a few times with bench and bent over rows where I makes sure to touch the chest/tummy.
 
I use a wahoo tickr and the thing is rock solid. Got a wrist based huawei GT watch for the wife (she doesn't like the chest strap) and it does well with running/supercircuit but not so much on the staitonary bike/rowing machine.
 
even for the weights? is there a set program for the weights?

Mine has an actual preset on the watch for tracking weight training (other presets incl Running, Swimming, Cycling, Golf, etc) but I find it to be very erratic.

Sometimes it gets the reading about right. Other times it tells me my HR is 70 when I just hit a set of deadlifts with almost twice my bodyweight.

And like last week the tracker bombed out halfway through some sessions telling me constantly I'm at resting HR zone. But I do think this is because of its age and taking a few knocks over time.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X