The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

marco79

Expert Member
Starting weight 104kg
Week 2 weight 102kg
Total Loss 2kg

No exercise yet. I started feeling much more energetic yesterday.

I had a few speedbumps over the last week. Had a portion of birthday cake on Monday, and had some hot chips, bar one milkshake and ice cream on Friday night.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Starting weight 104kg
Week 2 weight 102kg
Total Loss 2kg

I had a few speedbumps over the last week. Had a portion of birthday cake on Monday, and had some hot chips, bar one milkshake and ice cream on Friday night.

Okay. My KFC doesn't sound so bad anymore. :)

KingBel

Expert Member
No movement for me :/ although I don’t have a digital scale so unsure if I’m losing a few hundred grams.. here’s hoping

Nobody Important

Executive Member
84 KG. (83.8). I have been naughty this week and had KFC :)sick::sick::sick:). That stuff is sick man.
I thought it was just me. I feel sick after eating KFC zinger wings and mash.

Doesn’t sound right. I’m sure just the greasy secret recipe minus the chicken is more than that.
Their trick is that they do not deep fry the chicken as most people imagine; it is pressure fried. A relatively small amount of oil is used considering the volume of chicken being fried. Still not a healthy meal but that is how they achieve a low calorie count.

Gamer

Expert Member
/snip
@Gamer
/snip

Weigh in today

114.4kg for me, but it's likely off. I didn't notice I had to do weekly updates for this thread, as I only check weight every 2 weeks. I weighed myself after lunch today instead of my usual "weight at wake up/5am". In future I'll be sticking to weight updates every 2 weeks, this "bad" weight I've just registered is already playing on my mind.

Norrad

Expert Member
Down to 70.5Kg, so not much of a loss in the last week. I was super lazy though.

werny

Expert Member
I might be very late, but I've actually lost 13.5KG so far since starting my diet.

Started beginning of September 2018.

Starting weight - 129kg
Current weight - 115.5kg
Male - 26 years old
1.75M Height

Have to admit that I went on a "pause" for about two weeks in December for the holidays which probably wasn't such a great idea (actually gained 2kg, FML)

Anyways, I now just keep to below 2000 calories every day and some fast paced walking in the evenings when the weather permits, lots of water as well.

Goal weight by end of the July - Anything less than 100KG.

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
I might be very late, but I've actually lost 13.5KG so far since starting my diet.

Started beginning of September 2018.

Starting weight - 129kg
Current weight - 115.5kg
Male - 26 years old
1.75M Height

Have to admit that I went on a "pause" for about two weeks in December for the holidays which probably wasn't such a great idea (actually gained 2kg, FML)

Anyways, I now just keep to below 2000 calories every day and some fast paced walking in the evenings when the weather permits, lots of water as well.

Goal weight by end of the July - Anything less than 100KG.

Well done on your overall progress since September!

dabean

Expert Member
Thought I'll just post this awesome fitness channel from YT Athlean-X, Phenemonal workout videos and straight forward advice with no BS. Here's Jeff's advice on losing body fat. Worth checking it out.

Keep up the great effort !
I thought I'd watched that video but I was thinking of the 50lbs one. Glad I decided to finally check anyway.

I've really let my diet slip recently (a bad case of a "you've earned it" mindset). I'm even back to drinking sugar in my coffee.

It'll be interesting to see what effect just cleaning up my diet will have. I'll skip working out this week to have some proper incentive.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Starting weight 104kg
Week 2 weight 102kg
Total Loss 2kg

Well done. Looking at the spreadsheet you'll hit your goal weight in just a few weeks if you keep going at this rate. I noticed your entry because I was in a similar place at your age so I hope I can give you some constructive input and encouragement for the road ahead.

You will be able to get to 95kg and beyond just on diet but when you add exercise, you will find yourself levelling up pretty quickly. Walking 2-3 hours a week would be a good start (either 1/2 hour per day or all in one go at the weekend) would be a great start (give Park Run a go maybe? If you walk, that would 1 hour of your 2-3 per week sorted.)

Also bodyweight exercises are a great option to consider - push ups, pull ups, squats, planks, lunges, bridges and more are effective strength exercises. This is Free (as in Freedom, Free Speech and Free Beer) and you carry your gym with you anywhere. You don't need expensive gym memberships or equipment to begin exercising.

I would also add that community is an incredibly powerful force in your fitness journey, which is one of the great things about Park Runs and this thread are a prime example and I have even seen a few free bootcamps around.

If you do have money to spend on your fitness, I would strongly recommend investing it in a fitness class be it kickboxing, poledancing, general fitness, climbing, pilates or whatever appeals to you. Walk your road with others and it will change your life like you wouldn't believe :)