The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
102.3kg. I've been exercising, jogging, more. Eating less but the scale is going up. My clothes don't feel worse on me. I'm starting to think weight loss is not for me.
Best advice I can give is download myfitnesspal app and put in everything you eat/drink into it and adjust accordingly.

Do that everyday for 7-14 days which will set your eating habits correctly.

You are roughly my height and I generally eat 2000 calories a day, I don't think I could eat less then that without feeling yuck. Maybe make that a day 10-14 goal and stay away from beer :).

Once you have got you eating under control then start focusing on exercise.

When I started I did
-Mon 20 min cycle/health walker followed by arms and chest
-Tue 30 min cycle/health walker
-Wed 20 min cycle/health walker followed by legs
-Thur 30 min cycle/health walker
-Fri 20 min cycle/health walker arms and shoulders

I wouldn't do more then 5 days a week in the first month but force yourself to get through the first 5. Then adjust/push yourself accordingly.

Personally when I was heavy 96kg's if I tried jogging I would always injure myself too much impact on the knees/ankles etc, so I stuck to cycling/health walker.

After that it is just consistency day in day out everyday until the weight comes off.

Fcon_Vpro

102.3kg. I've been exercising, jogging, more. Eating less but the scale is going up. My clothes don't feel worse on me. I'm starting to think weight loss is not for me.
Eating less or eating clean or both?
Have you also worked out how much calories you are actually eating daily?

Noisybottom

Best advice I can give is download myfitnesspal app and put in everything you eat/drink into it and adjust accordingly.

Do that everyday for 7-14 days which will set your eating habits correctly.

You are roughly my height and I generally eat 2000 calories a day, I don't think I could eat less then that without feeling yuck. Maybe make that a day 10-14 goal and stay away from beer :).

Once you have got you eating under control then start focusing on exercise.

When I started I did
-Mon 20 min cycle/health walker followed by arms and chest
-Tue 30 min cycle/health walker
-Wed 20 min cycle/health walker followed by legs
-Thur 30 min cycle/health walker
-Fri 20 min cycle/health walker arms and shoulders

I wouldn't do more then 5 days a week in the first month but force yourself to get through the first 5. Then adjust/push yourself accordingly.

Personally when I was heavy 96kg's if I tried jogging I would always injure myself too much impact on the knees/ankles etc, so I stuck to cycling/health walker.

After that it is just consistency day in day out everyday until the weight comes off.
Thanks maybe I should try the calorie counting. I think too, instead of just jogging I should get my sorry ass back into the gym too.

Noisybottom

Eating less or eating clean or both?
Have you also worked out how much calories you are actually eating daily?
Eating less for sure, eating clean, well cleaner as in I dont eat unhealthy BUT I suppose it's not the healthiest all the time. I'm gonna try calorie counting, I did it before but it did take some effort initially, suppose if I'm going to be serious on the weight I'm going to have to give the effort. Thanks for the advice.

RogueAssassin

Hi All. Haven’t posted in a few weeks deliberately.

We in our fasting month - so focusing on the spiritual aspect. Also two weeks before the fast started I fell down the stairs and busted my knee. Haven’t been to the gym in 3 weeks either.

Going on leave in June so will resume tracking and recording in July again.

iamfowl

Hi guys, long time lurker here.

I’m on a weight gain mission, but can’t find a thread for that so hope you don’t mind me hopping in as I like the community you’ve built and can relate to the struggles, albeit in the opposite manner.

85.2kgs...been stuck here for a couple of weeks now. I’ve done my calculations and set up my diet but good lawd, the amount of food I have to eat is overwhelming. Will get serious this week. Wish me luck.

Fcon_Vpro

Hi guys, long time lurker here.

I’m on a weight gain mission, but can’t find a thread for that so hope you don’t mind me hopping in as I like the community you’ve built and can relate to the struggles, albeit in the opposite manner.

85.2kgs...been stuck here for a couple of weeks now. I’ve done my calculations and set up my diet but good lawd, the amount of food I have to eat is overwhelming. Will get serious this week. Wish me luck.
That's why a lot of people end up eating junk because its an easy way to get tons of calories to put on weight.
Getting lots of calories from clean food is a mission. Eating chicken, rice and brocolli style bulks are the worst.

iamfowl

That's why a lot of people end up eating junk because its an easy way to get tons of calories to put on weight.
Getting lots of calories from clean food is a mission. Eating chicken, rice and brocolli style bulks are the worst.
You can say that again :/ Oats have become my number 1 most disliked meal of late but given their value for carbs and simplicity to prepare, they’re gonna be a staple of mine for a while.

My next plan is to start blending my meals coz I’m not used to this much chewing a day

Spizz

Goat Botherer
On holiday in Turkey and I reckon I’ve put on a couple of kilos minimum.

Will report in next Monday

Noisybottom

I didn't get to weigh in this morning, I'll do so later and post my weight then. I'm not hopeful for a downward change, I've nursing my sick son so eating and general routine.has been out of whack!

Gamer

Expert Member
Is @Sugarman still around? I see the spreadsheet was last updated in March.
Does it seem like this thread is dying/slowing down?
Start of winter taking its toll on motivation perhaps? I personally am ramping up my health efforts going into winter, seize the moment as they say :D

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
78.7kg only 1.7kg to go to my goal weight but its very slow going at the moment even though I am doing an crazy amounts of exercise.