The Bafana Bafana Thread

The Steven retirement is likely due to pressure from Everton for the AFCON, but it still sucks. He loses his shot at being SA's best ever player.

In other news, Bafana have dropped to 79th in the world.
 
instead of Teko, he was supposed to select Jali.

Still waiting to see combination of Jali and Manyisa in the Bafana game.
Manyisa shouldn't have been selected, he's been poor lately. You can argue for Jali though.
 
instead of Teko, he was supposed to select Jali.

Still waiting to see combination of Jali and Manyisa in the Bafana game.
I don't think Gordon likes Jali tbh. I remember he selected Yeye after he was out for a long time. Jali is the future.
 
The SABC claim that they will show tonight's match. Kick off is at 20:45, with SABC 1 coverage starting at 20:30. Holding thumbs for this one.
 
The starting XI:

Khune
Nunes Khumalo Sangweni Mungomen
Dikgacoi Furman
Tshabalala Myeni
Chabangu Parker
 
I didn't see the game. How was the performance?
 
I didn't see the game. How was the performance?

Defense looked very shaky, Khune kept us in the game. Going forward, we just didn't get anything together.

The U17 team drew 1-1 with Zambia in their first leg qualifier. The 2nd leg is in 2 weeks in Zambia.
 
Last edited:
Qualifiers only restart in June for the WC. Today's friendly against Kenya is at 17.30. Good news is that it will be broadcast on SS4, HD4 and SABC1. Great to see Bafana in HD again.
 
Qualifiers only restart in June for the WC. Today's friendly against Kenya is at 17.30. Good news is that it will be broadcast on SS4, HD4 and SABC1. Great to see Bafana in HD again.
Great to see indeed. I take it this is because the broadcast rights belong to the Kenya FA?
 
Yeah Kenya FA have the rights, and gave the broadcast to DSTV. Not sure if they have a long term deal, or it's a once off thing. DSTV have agreements to broadcast a few African country's matches, sadly SA isn't one of them. I think it was a late deal though, as I only saw an advert this morning.
 
Yeah Kenya FA have the rights, and gave the broadcast to DSTV. Not sure if they have a long term deal, or it's a once off thing. DSTV have agreements to broadcast a few African country's matches, sadly SA isn't one of them. I think it was a late deal though, as I only saw an advert this morning.
It's a good deal for us either way. The SABC broadcast picture looks really crappy on a big screen flat panel.
 
DSTV have taken the match off their schedule. The guys on their forum aren't saying why. Looks like they are pulling an SABC, que some stupid and lame excuse!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X