The Battery Thread (Solar / Inverter)

Post costs here please for the lithium ?
Also how are you shipping batteries? Thought they weren’t normally shippable?

Will Do.

Sea freight. Air is too costly. I could probably do it if one badly needs it.
how much do you have to order for shipping to be the most economical?
The more I order the the more cost effective it becomes for the entire shipment.
 
Not EV battery I know, but an interesting test of second hand medical device batteries:

I really enjoy Will's channel, he has a great way of explaining things and is very thorough.
That is exactly what got me interested in the "2nd life" batteries that are so cheap in the USA.
 
I really enjoy Will's channel, he has a great way of explaining things and is very thorough.
That is exactly what got me interested in the "2nd life" batteries that are so cheap in the USA.

You may then also be familiar with Jehu Garcia's channel but in case you aren't: https://www.youtube.com/user/jehugarcia

He converts cars to electric drivetrains but also experiments a lot with building his own DIY Powerwalls.
 
You may then also be familiar with Jehu Garcia's channel but in case you aren't: https://www.youtube.com/user/jehugarcia

He converts cars to electric drivetrains but also experiments a lot with building his own DIY Powerwalls.
Yup been following him for a long time too. He is really good at the more DIY type setups.
It really frustrating wanting to build one of Jehu's kits that he sells seeing as how we cant get reasonably priced 18650's here.
 
Yup been following him for a long time too. He is really good at the more DIY type setups.
It really frustrating wanting to build one of Jehu's kits that he sells seeing as how we cant get reasonably priced 18650's here.

Agreed, I also looked into it. It's probably going to be a nightmare to get those shipped here (besides the cost). Robert Murray-Smith also runs a really fascinating (but less polished) DIY channel using all everything from graphene to recycled materials: https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertMurraySmith
 
Anyone interested to view them , please PM me.

Or want me to purchase more ( 2 month wait), message me we I can do a group buy. Anything from 12v100Ah up to 12v250Ah or 2v100Ah up to 2v400Ah.

To give you an idea of the landed cost for
10 x 12v250Ah, looking at around R5500 each.

I have another lithium battery supplier also nagging me. I'll check their pricing for the battery and inverter sold as pairs and post it here.
What's a 2v100ah? Also what would a 12v100ah cost?
 
sorry if this has been asked before
but here goes

i want to one day change out my lead acids for lithium and i see Blue Nova here sells "Drop In Lead Replacement" batteries. From my understanding you do not need a lithium balanced charger at all.
Will these batteries work in the Mecer Inverters for example?

I can't see any reason why they should not work, they even have an internal BMS to take care of things.
 
Does anyone have some Chemistry knowledge on how they manage to cram all those amp hours in a 4volt battery?

have you seen the size of them?

Approximate Battery Dimensions: 415 mm x 262 mm x 735 mm.
Battery Mass: 154kg.
Acid Volume per Cell (litres): 15.0L.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X