The Cannabis Thread

Chong33

I have the Bongalong GoldMember :D It's expensive but damn good.
I had the potjiekos and what I think was called a "bong buddy", The potjie kos was awesome. Believe its basically the same as the gold member without the wooden foot piece. As luck would have it It fell over....
The "Bong Buddy" was not that good. Did not take enough water and if you suck to hard you get a nice mouth full of bong water.
Man I miss my bongalong. Looking at the previous post prices its also not really that expensive.
One thing I could never quite figure out, Does you lips go in or around the mouth piece :rolleyes:,

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I had the potjiekos and what I think was called a "bong buddy", The potjie kos was awesome. Believe its basically the same as the gold member without the wooden foot piece. As luck would have it It fell over....
The "Bong Buddy" was not that good. Did not take enough water and if you suck to hard you get a nice mouth full of bong water.
Man I miss my bongalong. Looking at the previous post prices its also not really that expensive.
One thing I could never quite figure out, Does you lips go in or around the mouth piece :rolleyes:,
Haha. I put mine inside. Otherwise I'm just sucking a BBC :D

RetroRabbit

Definitely inside, not around :laugh:

theratman

Executive Member
Ordered some "bubble hash" from 420M last week.
What arrived looked like normal hash, and not the fine whitish/greenish almost powder I am used to over the years, and to top it off it had zero effect....
Anyone else tried their so-called bubble hash?
Smoked the 2 grams in a few hours..... nada nothing zilch, usually 2 grams lasts 2 weeks!
I got some hash from 420 over a year ago. Was super keen to try it and I must've tried smoking it 5 different ways, all produced no results. I put it down to not heating it right or me being a noob as I gave the rest to a mate who said it was great.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I got some hash from 420 over a year ago. Was super keen to try it and I must've tried smoking it 5 different ways, all produced no results. I put it down to not heating it right or me being a noob as I gave the rest to a mate who said it was great.
And the thing with bubble hash is no need to heat it beforehand. What they are selling is "normal" hash, without THC in it seems.

This is bubble hash....

Last edited:

SirAwesome

Chong33

Definitely inside, not around :laugh:
Normally I would agree, but that thing is huge, either-way its not ideal with the bongalong. Which is probably my only real "con" with it.

I tried smoking a joint this weekend :sick:, have not coughed like that in a long time. Besides for that it does not get you as stoned as a bong and you use more than double the herb for half the effect, plus you smell and have an awful taste in your mouth. Do you guys also mix your herb with tobacco when rolling a joint?, I normally mix +-80% herb 20% tobacco??

mister

Executive Member
Decided to get this locally made Rosin press:
Another one:

Launching the Just Cannabis Mini Rosin Press!

The press is ideal for personal consumption and extremely easy to use.

We have found absolutely nothing to even compare this press against at this price level. It is just simply that amazing.

Normal price: R3850
Launch price: R3500 (for a limited time only as long as stock lasts)
Also available from our online shop @ www.just-cannabis.co.za

biometrics

Honorary Master
Another one:

Launching the Just Cannabis Mini Rosin Press!

The press is ideal for personal consumption and extremely easy to use.

We have found absolutely nothing to even compare this press against at this price level. It is just simply that amazing.

Normal price: R3850
Launch price: R3500 (for a limited time only as long as stock lasts)
Also available from our online shop @ www.just-cannabis.co.za

Thanks, looks interesting... Though the bulldog looks like it will last way longer.

Hatefulsandwich

Ordered some "bubble hash" from 420M last week.
What arrived looked like normal hash, and not the fine whitish/greenish almost powder I am used to over the years, and to top it off it had zero effect....
Anyone else tried their so-called bubble hash?
Smoked the 2 grams in a few hours..... nada nothing zilch, usually 2 grams lasts 2 weeks!
I remember ordering that a while back and pretty much blamed the lack of effects on my high tolerance. Didn't understand how it was "bubble hash" since it was basically just balls of what seemed like normal hash.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Curious what your reason is for going down the vape rabbit hole vs. regular smoking?
Less/no coughing, incredibly convenient, can take it with you and use anywhere, nearly no smell. And I like to learn and try new things. So much cannabis products I learned about the past year I never knew about. :D Can also make shatter etc using rosin.

My housemate would also like to try extracting essentials oils from aromatic plants.

Hatefulsandwich

Whoot, found a local supplier to liquefy the rosin and they sell carts too:

Decided to get this locally made Rosin press:

So soon I'll be making my own vape carts (as soon as I can afford to buy it of course)...
I got some of that "wax liquidizer". It uses PEG400 which has a bit of controversy surrounding it because apparently it turns into formaldehyde at high temperatures.

Tried mixing it with some rosin that a friend had pressed (and judging by the link you sent, he has exactly the same press) and... I don't feel like it worked at all. It tastes bad, the mix is all gloopy and waxy. I don't know if you're meant to do some decarbing before mixing or if the rosin is supposed to be further refined since it will still contain plant matter which would explain the waxiness.

Also tried mixing it with the budder that I got from 420M. Also just didn't really feel like it was working and didn't like the flavour (or the thought that I might be inhaling formaldehyde).

Ja, I don't know. I really wasn't pleased with the result and have basically decided that I'm just going to keep using HV but with better self-discipline so that it lasts me a bit longer. I don't know how vape cart makers like HV do it - they're clearly mixing things up with terpenes instead of PEG400 weirdness, but I don't know how they get their starting thc material to be so clean compared to the rosin.

If you figure it out, let us know (or start selling to us ;)). My half-assed experimentation came to the conclusion that it's not worth it, but I am on the lazier side.

Edit: Also they may claim those empty carts are "CCell", but they don't have any of the hallmarks of a geniune CCell cartridge. Not even the "CCell" name that they show on the pic is present on the actual cartridge. They do work, but who knows how they measure in terms of lead content and whatnot. Aaand just checking one that I filled with some HV vape liquid, seems to be leaking at the bottom so... that's great. Maybe VapeStore.co.za could be encouraged to start stocking some genuine CCells....

Last edited:

biometrics

Honorary Master
I got some of that "wax liquidizer". It uses PEG400 which has a bit of controversy surrounding it because apparently it turns into formaldehyde at high temperatures.

Tried mixing it with some rosin that a friend had pressed (and judging by the link you sent, he has exactly the same press) and... I don't feel like it worked at all. It tastes bad, the mix is all gloopy and waxy. I don't know if you're meant to do some decarbing before mixing or if the rosin is supposed to be further refined since it will still contain plant matter which would explain the waxiness.

Also tried mixing it with the budder that I got from 420M. Also just didn't really feel like it was working and didn't like the flavour (or the thought that I might be inhaling formaldehyde).

Ja, I don't know. I really wasn't pleased with the result and have basically decided that I'm just going to keep using HV but with better self-discipline so that it lasts me a bit longer. I don't know how vape cart makers like HV do it - they're clearly mixing things up with terpenes instead of PEG400 weirdness, but I don't know how they get their starting thc material to be so clean compared to the rosin.

If you figure it out, let us know (or start selling to us ;)). My half-assed experimentation came to the conclusion that it's not worth it, but I am on the lazier side.

Edit: Also they may claim those empty carts are "CCell", but they don't have any of the hallmarks of a geniune CCell cartridge. They do work, but who knows how they measure in terms of lead content and whatnot.
You should decarb before pressing as I understand or else you end up with THCA not THC, though the vaping heat should convert some.

You need to apply and increase pressure over time. I understand 80C and 2 minutes is ideal.

Also you should not exceed 1,000 PSI then you end up with fats and other stuff. So presses advertising more than 6 tons is a waste of money and presses too hard.

You can use a filter bag for the plant material which you place inside the parchment

You can refine the rosin further.

I'd rather get terpenes but need to find a supplier still.

This is work in progress...

Hatefulsandwich

You should decarb before pressing as I understand or else you end up with THCA not THC, though the vaping heat should convert some.

You need to apply and increase pressure over time. I understand 80C and 2 minutes is ideal.

Also you should not exceed 1,000 PSI then you end up with fats and other stuff. So presses advertising more than 6 tons is a waste of money and presses too hard.

You can use a filter bag for the plant material which you place inside the parchment

You can refine the rosin further.

I'd rather get terpenes but need to find a supplier still.

This is work in progress...

Yeah I don't know what friend's process was as I wasn't there when he did it so I'm not sure if he decarbed first or not. He did show me the squashed bags so I'm guessing those were the filter bags, but who knows what pressure was used and whatnot.

So far I've only heard of people ordering terpenes from the states - I imagine we need to get to the point of proper full legalisation before that sort of thing becomes widespread within SA.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Yeah I don't know what friend's process was as I wasn't there when he did it so I'm not sure if he decarbed first or not. He did show me the squashed bags so I'm guessing those were the filter bags, but who knows what pressure was used and whatnot.

So far I've only heard of people ordering terpenes from the states - I imagine we need to get to the point of proper full legalisation before that sort of thing becomes widespread within SA.
Of all the unlikely places to find terpenes:

biometrics

Honorary Master
As mentioned by the terpene suppliers:

Our proprietary formula has been tried and tested to have the best tasting flavor and won't separate over time like PEG and PG will do.
Which is what I noticed the 420M cart doing. Maybe explains the scratchy throat and cough.

Last edited: