The Cannabis Thread

silentc

That's like 16 grams per muffin or 16000 milligrams are you decarbing your cannabis before baking? 100 milligrams is considered a heavy dose for an edible.
My understanding is that it's not the grams of flower, but the grams of THC... outdoor will have maybe 10% THC, so the muffins will actually be 1.6grams, still a heroic dose, but not quite as heroic?

CT_Biker

Expert Member
That's like 16 grams per muffin or 16000 milligrams are you decarbing your cannabis before baking? 100 milligrams is considered a heavy dose for an edible.
Yes, decarb before baking. Or 8 2gram joints spread over 8 - 10 hours, first 3 hours are torture the rest I can function normally, save for having complicated conversations.

krieg

My understanding is that it's not the grams of flower, but the grams of THC... outdoor will have maybe 10% THC, so the muffins will actually be 1.6grams, still a heroic dose, but not quite as heroic?
Yes I didn't factor in the THC percentage, 10% would be 1600. Just watched a video on Youtube now with two people trying to consume 5000mg each over five courses. The man made it to the fourth while the girl noped out at the third course. Seems like a waste of good bud.

silentc

Yes I didn't factor in the THC percentage, 10% would be 1600. Just watched a video on Youtube now with two people trying to consume 5000mg each over five courses. The man made it to the fourth while the girl noped out at the third course. Seems like a waste of good bud.
yeah, these dosages sound like real waterfalls - think I'll stick to the rivers and the lakes that I'm used to.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Pretty much, you do get higher THC content from outdoor, but rarely have I ever bought outdoor that comes near 10% THC content. Hence why I use so much of it.

krieg

Yes, decarb before baking. Or 8 2gram joints spread over 8 - 10 hours, first 3 hours are torture the rest I can function normally, save for having complicated conversations.
That's like a heavy day for me in half the time I would smoke it.

krieg

Pretty much, you do get higher THC content from outdoor, but rarely have I ever bought outdoor that comes near 10% THC content. Hence why I use so much of it.
The outdoor I used to buy was over 10% when I had it tested and I would consider that low grade Swazi stock. Would love to test my current grow especially terpene profiles as I've got this one smelly plant stinking up the yard.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Also you need to account for the fact that the shortening(butter/oil) due to the prolonged exposure to high baking temps, may/is likely degrade the THC during baking - and I am not going try and bake with coconut oil.

For reference I normally decarb with the oven set to 100 degrees, or there about. I bake at double that. Cooking oil has a smoke point of 205 degrees which means the outside of the muffin will have significantly less THC, and the long exposure to that temperature will begin to break down the THC rendering it effectively useless. Oh and I bake at about 190/185 degrees, I do not quite trust my ovens Thermometer.

I use butter which has an even lower smoke point - so I lose even more THC content.

krieg

Also you need to account for the fact that the shortening(butter/oil) due to the prolonged exposure to high baking temps, may/is likely degrade the THC during baking - and I am not going try and bake with coconut oil.

For reference I normally decarb with the oven set to 100 degrees, or there about. I bake at double that. Cooking oil has a smoke point of 205 degrees which means the outside of the muffin will have significantly less THC, and the long exposure to that temperature will begin to break down the THC rendering it effectively useless.

I use butter which has an even lower smoke point - so I lose even more THC content.
I don't really go for edibles but when I do I make fridge chocolate brownies no baking required as you do everything on the stove at low heat. Pretty sure you will have minimal THC degradation. I use 100 grams cleaned per batch (+/- 25 cookies) , doesn't really have an effect on me but I have given it to noobs for testing purposes and it's definitely too strong for them at two cookies. Once left a whole batch on my bin wish I could have seen the aftermath.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
I don't really go for edibles but when I do I make fridge chocolate brownies no baking required as you do everything on the stove at low heat. Pretty sure you will have minimal THC degradation. I use 100 grams cleaned per batch (+/- 25 cookies) , doesn't really have an effect on me but I have given it to noobs for testing purposes and it's definitely too strong for them at two cookies. Once left a whole batch on my bin wish I could have seen the aftermath.
There is a huge amount of debate regarding edibles and getting rid of the sedative property of weed(This IS common with edibles). Especially when you use Raw bud, even after decarbing - above 100 degrees at sea level seems to have an effect on the cannaboids. The second cook seems to kill of what I am after - a less sedate high.

Ive also eaten cookies with an advertised THC content of 150mg which had a similar effect to me ripping a few bongs in a row (I HATE smoking out of a bong or a pipe). So I am pretty sure a lot of the weed was somewhere after decarb and baking, which in my experience I would only rate my muffins at 100mg for a Mugg and Bean sized muffin.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Another thing I am not accounting for is the light of the oven.
Apparently light can degrade Cannaboids as well.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
I honestly wonder why people bother with edibles half the time. I am not trying to sound condescending in anyway. A good cottage cheese and a nice Rosin mixed into some cottage cheese on a Provita biscuit.

krieg

There is a huge amount of debate regarding edibles and getting rid of the sedative property of weed(This IS common with edibles). Especially when you use Raw bud, even after decarbing - above 100 degrees at sea level seems to have an effect on the cannaboids. The second cook seems to kill of what I am after - a less sedate high.

Ive also eaten cookies with an advertised THC content of 150mg which had a similar effect to me ripping a few bongs in a row (I HATE smoking out of a bong or a pipe). So I am pretty sure a lot of the weed was somewhere after decarb and baking, which in my experience I would only rate my muffins at 100mg for a Mugg and Bean sized muffin.
Don't you think putting the cannabis in a hash bag and collecting the resin will cut out your first heat cycle? You can also grow a few plants and harvest them super early to lessen the sedative effect.

krieg

I honestly wonder why people bother with edibles half the time. I am not trying to sound condescending in anyway. A good cottage cheese and a nice Rosin mixed into some cottage cheese on a Provita biscuit.
Haven't tried Rosin at all or had access but I agree I would rather take an edible in capsule form or drip form and just leave the rest.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Don't you think putting the cannabis in a hash bag and collecting the resin will cut out your first heat cycle? You can also grow a few plants and harvest them super early to lessen the sedative effect.
That would be ideal if I was growing a large amount of weed. I do not grow. I buy mid-grade dank for cooking purposes, so I have to decarb or extract. If was growing i'd be making my own Rosins and possibly hash.

I do have a grinder which is filled with kief/dust of various grades of weed which is a nice little addition to a joint. The **** hits though

krieg

That would be ideal if I was growing a large amount of weed. I do not grow. I buy mid-grade dank for cooking purposes, so I have to decarb or extract. If was growing i'd be making my own Rosins and possibly hash.

I do have a grinder which is filled with kief/dust of various grades of weed which is a nice little addition to a joint. The **** hits though
How much do you spend on outdoor if you don't mind me asking? Guessing this is local and not over the web and that you're closer to town. The thought of buying weed again and actually spending money on weed until harvest does not bode well. :(

Whenever I get the bottom of a jar I also scrape that resin goodness into a joint along with the grinder's goo o_O:thumbsup:

CT_Biker

Expert Member
How much do you spend on outdoor if you don't mind me asking? Guessing this is local and not over the web and that you're closer to town. The thought of buying weed again and actually spending money on weed until harvest does not bode well. :(

Whenever I get the bottom of a jar I also scrape that resin goodness into a joint along with the grinder's goo o_O:thumbsup:
I know someone who grows - so I usually buy about 300g, depend if anyone else wants to buy cheap weed the most i've paid was about R400. I tend to spend a lot more if he has hash or oils, but I have a few guys I visit regularly.

I do not want to really say where I buy, because I dont buy out door in town per se. I buy Indoor from a guy that lives in Vredehoek though.

krieg

I know someone who grows - so I usually buy about 300g, depend if anyone else wants to buy cheap weed the most i've paid was about R400. I pay tend to spend a lot more if he has hash or oils, but I have a few guys I visit regularly.

I do not want to really say where I buy, because I dont buy out door in town per se. I buy Indoor from a guy that lives in Vredehoek though.
That sounds like a massive bargain, I used to pay R1500 per kilo mid grade. Nah I won't ask on a forum for a dealer just trying to get an idea of what the current prices are, most people on here buy online and those prices are too ridiculous for what they're getting and they often seem to be disappointed.