Status
Not open for further replies.

dabean

Expert Member
I use Veency to type WhatsApp messages but the laggy display has always been distracting (even when looking at the phone instead of the monitor).

I've found that turning on the experimental DirectX mode in UltraVnc works a lot better for me. Since the phone doesn't support it, it just displays a blue window which I use as a kind of Synergy area for my phone. The data transfer drops to B/s instead of MB/s so it doesn't even attempt to send the display, only the mouse/keyboard events.

Thought someone might find that useful.

walterl

Expert Member
I downloaded the new Google maps app and used it on Monday, happy with it but the settings are in miles, does anyone know how to change it to kilos? I can't find the place to change it, and nothing on google either

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
I downloaded the new Google maps app and used it on Monday, happy with it but the settings are in miles, does anyone know how to change it to kilos? I can't find the place to change it, and nothing on google either

Guessing ... go to Settings, General, International and check what your Region Format is set to - could be something not South Africa and therefor possibly displaying the "wrong" units. Dunno if that will be it but worth a check.

walterl

Expert Member
Guessing ... go to Settings, General, International and check what your Region Format is set to - could be something not South Africa and therefor possibly displaying the "wrong" units. Dunno if that will be it but worth a check.

No that is already set to South Africa. Any other people on here that downloaded the Google Maps app recently?

R13...

Honorary Master
No that is already set to South Africa. Any other people on here that downloaded the Google Maps app recently?
I did on a 3GS, very nice seeing as Apple won't give me voice or turn by turn navigation anyway. But as to your miles problems I don't know. What I did do after downloading the app is login my gmail account in the app, that might be what sets local settings (guessing wildly). If you didn't try that.

moosamc

Have you checked that the maps settings is in kms? As in apple maps...maybe it draws its settings from there?

sand_man

Honorary Master
So realistically how long do you think we'll wait?

Seems related to when 6.1 drops. Apple have just seeded 6.1 Beta 5 to developers. Assuming this is the last beta before the official release we could be looking at a couple of weeks.

I would say end of March latest, mid to late February likely....

walterl

Expert Member

Okay the latest version allows you to change between k's and miles, so it was a limitation of the previous version.

SAV

Mine's always been metric. Is your phone's locale set to South Africa?

walterl

Expert Member
Mine's always been metric. Is your phone's locale set to South Africa?

You are probably running the version that comes with the phone, instead of the one that became available for download in December 2012

SAV

Nope, been on iOS6 since beta with the cr@ppy Apple Maps. My Google Maps from the app store has always been metric.

walterl

Expert Member
okay well it's a mystery then, at least the latest version allows it to be a user setting in the app so I'm sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.