Status
Not open for further replies.

techead

Honorary Master
gonna try do mine tonight. still running jb with 4.3.3 :)

heard that iOS 5.1 not THAT great though? You think I should try it out anyway??

@.@

greg0205

Honorary Master
gonna try do mine tonight. still running jb with 4.3.3 :)

heard that iOS 5.1 not THAT great though? You think I should try it out anyway??

@.@

I think 5.0.1 is fantastic. Notifications are slick, syncing in iTunes is much better and having iCloud working on my phone (finally) is the s**t... That said, there are a couple of bugs. iBooks is the biggest issue for me. The app crashes after the jailbreak and I have yet to find a fix that works.

techead

Honorary Master
I think 5.0.1 is fantastic. Notifications are slick, syncing in iTunes is much better and having iCloud working on my phone (finally) is the s**t... That said, there are a couple of bugs. iBooks is the biggest issue for me. The app crashes after the jailbreak and I have yet to find a fix that works.

care to share a bit more on the iCloud and why it is the **** ? :)

From what I can tell, unless you have another apple device in the iCloud then its kinda pointless?

threegee

From what I can tell, unless you have another apple device in the iCloud then its kinda pointless?

If you don't have other Apple devices then it is pretty pointless but if you do have other Apple devices it's awesome. My contacts, calendar, documents, bookmarks and notes are synced instantly across all devices. No matter which device I pick up I have all my data and it's all 100% up to date. I've modified contacts on my desktop and turned on the iPad/iPhone within seconds and the new data is there. I've worked with sync programs for years but have not seen anything quite so quick and unobtrusive as iCloud. Best of all it just happens there's no telling it to.

greg0205

Honorary Master

If you don't have other Apple devices then it is pretty pointless but if you do have other Apple devices it's awesome. My contacts, calendar, documents, bookmarks and notes are synced instantly across all devices. No matter which device I pick up I have all my data and it's all 100% up to date. I've modified contacts on my desktop and turned on the iPad/iPhone within seconds and the new data is there. I've worked with sync programs for years but have not seen anything quite so quick and unobtrusive as iCloud. Best of all it just happens there's no telling it to.

There you go techead... Thanks for covering that one for me threegee. The syncing speed between iDevices really is astonishing.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition is on sale for $1.99.

As you will read from some of the reviews the controls are a bit sucky, but I'm enjoying the game none the less.

Takkies

Use your iPhone :)

Anyone know of an app similar to MobileMe's 'Find my iPhone' and like Google Latitude - but live? Basically want to track where my GF is - for safety reasons :)

Find my Friends
Its from Apple. You'll findt on iTunes

paddy_za

Does anyone have a link to the cracked drifta software that can run on a jailbroken iPad? I can't find the thread! Thanks

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Want to open all youtube vids in Safari instead of the app?

Since this tip is iOS in general I'm going to cross post it in the iPad and iPhone Tips/Tricks thread. . .

To disable the Youtube app - go to Settings>General>Restrictions> and toggle YouTube (under allow) to off. From then on any Youtube link should open in Safari.

GreyBush

Executive Member
I want to Jailbreak my iPhone 4 as a way to freshen up my phone while I wait for the iPhone 5, is the information in the OP current?

Status
Not open for further replies.