The Kia Stinger Thread

Mistro

If it was cheaper it would undoubtedly be an option.

However at the price it's not even about speed. It's about whether you're prepared to drop almost R1m on something completely untried and untested in the real world, over tried and tested competing products that have had decades of R&D behind them.

I'd take the latter, even at the expense of speed, for the piece of mind in knowing that I have a better product for my money...
Tbh, Jag became better after the Tata takeover, before that there really was no quality in what they put out.

In terms of quality this http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/Initial-Quality-Study-(IQS)-by-Make/2430ENG puts the Kia above, so like I said the real issue is price. The other Germans are riding on badge prestige. A friend drives a 2016 c220d (+- 58k kms)and the leather on the armrest is pealing while my wife's 2013 Rio has an interior that still looks new, no cracks or anything pealing in the car. Kia just needs to revise the price. I would still pick the Kia over any of it's rivals.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Guys the Kia is good, no questions about that, it's the price that's the issue. Guys raising points about quality are off the mark.
The quality isn't in question... but the price puts it at a point where the level of quality is not up to par with its competitors, at least in a perceived way...

Which will get you more jealousy in a random bar.. A Jag or a Kia?

Brawler

Executive Member
Tbh, Jag became better after the Tata takeover, before that there really was no quality in what they put out.

In terms of quality this http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/Initial-Quality-Study-(IQS)-by-Make/2430ENG puts the Kia above, so like I said the real issue is price. The other Germans are riding on badge prestige. A friend drives a 2016 c220d (+- 58k kms)and the leather on the armrest is pealing while my wife's 2013 Rio has an interior that still looks new, no cracks or anything pealing in the car. Kia just needs to revise the price. I would still pick the Kia over any of it's rivals.
I agree with you 100%.

thechamp

Honorary Master
The quality isn't in question... but the price puts it at a point where the level of quality is not up to par with its competitors, at least in a perceived way...

Which will get you more jealousy in a random bar.. A Jag or a Kia?
But what happens when the now excited patrons invite both of you to a nearby drag strip to settle this once and for all? Do you take offence and leave abruptly, tyres screeching in your Jaguar?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
But what happens when the now excited patrons invite both of you to a nearby drag strip to settle this once and for all? Do you take offence and leave abruptly, tyres screeching in your Jaguar?
No... you behave like a real Jag owner and buy the patrons a round and then become very caddish...

And then slink off to your Jag with the chick you just met at the bar....

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Since I have a Jag, I'll be doing my side piece at a hotel paid for by my wife.

You guys are free to measure the size of each other's penises at the drag strip...

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Kia Stinger (2018) Specs and Price Announced

Kia Stinger Price in South Africa

The Kia Stinger comes standard with Kia's unlimited kilometre, 5-year warranty, as well as five years’ worth of roadside assistance and a 5-year/90 000km maintenance plan. Due to the limited number of Stinger available to the South African market from August 2018, the vehicle will not be available through the KIA dealership network. Instead, Stinger will feature a bespoke direct sales experience facilitated by KIA South Africa through the dedicated Stinger website, www.kiastinger.co.za. Customers who register on the Stinger website will receive full details regarding the sales and ordering process later this month and will be able to order their vehicles at the same time.

Kia Stinger GT R859 995.

https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/kia-stinger-2018-specs-and-price-announced/44952/

ThabitEIERS

WTF!!! :p

Kia Stinger (2018) Specs and Price Announced

Kia Stinger Price in South Africa

The Kia Stinger comes standard with Kia's unlimited kilometre, 5-year warranty, as well as five years’ worth of roadside assistance and a 5-year/90 000km maintenance plan. Due to the limited number of Stinger available to the South African market from August 2018, the vehicle will not be available through the KIA dealership network. Instead, Stinger will feature a bespoke direct sales experience facilitated by KIA South Africa through the dedicated Stinger website, www.kiastinger.co.za. Customers who register on the Stinger website will receive full details regarding the sales and ordering process later this month and will be able to order their vehicles at the same time.

Kia Stinger GT R859 995.

https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/kia-stinger-2018-specs-and-price-announced/44952/

WTFFF !!! 900k nee maan

Kwanelle18

Good looking, but not gonna sell well in SA with that price. Most people who can afford a car above R500K want german cars..

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Am I the only one who will buy this over a BMW? I mean, you get a better warranty and maintenance plan and it looks a lot better as well. This and also the fact that you will not be one of the sheep. This looks amazing and all cars are insanely expensive, not just this one. The only car I would pick above this one, is a RS3, but that R150k more.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Am I the only one who will buy this over a BMW? I mean, you get a better warranty and maintenance plan and it looks a lot better as well. This and also the fact that you will not be one of the sheep. This looks amazing and all cars are insanely expensive, not just this one. The only car I would pick above this one, is a RS3, but that R150k more.
The only one thus far, let's see if there's more.

Sumen

Expert Member
That's why most of us thought of Jaguar, also has a 5 year warranty and Maintenance plan

Craig

Honorary Master
That's why most of us thought of Jaguar, also has a 5 year warranty and Maintenance plan
Plu most Jaguars looks way better than the germans, it's also not as common.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Did anyone see this car in the metal at the Festival of Motoring late year? Kia SA used that platform to gauge public interest in this car.

Obviously we now know Kia SA saw there is a (small) market here for R860k Biturbo V6 RWD Fastback.