Didn't want to risk using my homegrown chilies for this fermented hot sauce (I've had a batch go bad before) so luckily found a mixed bag of red habaneros, jalapeno and some regular chilies.
This is the plan:
● Remove ends, chop & remove soft white insides.
● Process to a coarse sludge with 5-6% salt (by weight), this is known as the mash.
● Store in a jar, top up with a little bit of brine.
● Seal and stick on the airlock & suck out some air.
● Leave in a dark place for 1 month +.
Chopped and weighed (prior to being processed with the salt).
Also weighed out the salt right after this...
The mash after coming out the blender / food processor: