The Official Homebrewed Chilli sauce Thread

HunterNW

Expert Member
Pour water into a glass jar, then tip it upside down so that the water falls out. Some water will remain inside the glass jar.

Put the seeds in the jar, screw the lid on tight, and put it indoors in a sunny spot. Wait 2-3 weeks.
Just had a look and my seeds are sprouting !!! YEAH. So now what ? I have to get these babies growing with special care. Tepin, yellow and Red bhut jolaika.

lived666

Executive Member
My carolina reapers should be ready in a couple of weeks so I need to go read this thread from the start!!

green house from makro R1300 makes a huge difference and feed them once a week. water everyday but make sure the water drains well. dont close the greenhouse door if its going to be over 30 degrees outside as it will reach very high temps inside. the greenhouse extends your growing season weeks into winter. when you buy or grow new plants always place them in an oversize pot as the bigger the pot the more food is taken up by the roots. i will repot again after winter.

^ Habenero Hot...that's cute.
What are you flavoring the smoky one with?
Habanero is plenty hot for the public but i know you cast iron mouthed guys laugh at them. they hot bbq is just a 50/50 mix of the bbq and the habanero hot. whats also important to remember its not just about heat it also about flavour and the habanero has a fruity flavour when roasted and workz well in sauce.

handyman007

green house from makro R1300 makes a huge difference and feed them once a week. water everyday but make sure the water drains well. dont close the greenhouse door if its going to be over 30 degrees outside as it will reach very high temps inside. the greenhouse extends your growing season weeks into winter. when you buy or grow new plants always place them in an oversize pot as the bigger the pot the more food is taken up by the roots. i will repot again after winter.
Thanks.

You have some very nice chili plants.
Mine are quite sad in comparison.:(
you dont need to buy a greenhouse a windowsill that gets a lot of sun in a warm room will have the same effect but feeding and watering regularly is the key. if i showed you the pathetic roses is my front yard which i show very little interest in you will see what a lack of those two things look like.

handyman007

you dont need to buy a greenhouse a windowsill that gets a lot of sun in a warm room will have the same effect but feeding and watering regularly is the key. if i showed you the pathetic roses is my front yard which i show very little interest in you will see what a lack of those two things look like.
What feeding exactly? Sorry, but I'm no gardener.

it comes with a small plastic spoon which you take a level amount and mix it with 5l of water in a watering can. you first water the plant extensively and then water with your food solution so that the food doesnt run through dry soil quickly and go away. you wont believe how fast you will see imrprovements. try bring your plants inside so you extend the growing season cos winters almost here.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
What feeding exactly? Sorry, but I'm no gardener.
He is referring to fertilizer.

Fertilizer is a complex thing to get right. Always remember to use less than you think you need. Too much fertilizer burns and destroys plants.

You also don't need it if you are using compost.

Watch your plants - signs like yellowing leaves are generally a sign of a nutrient deficiency that could be rectified by fertilizer.

lived666

Executive Member
Thanks for all the tips guys, much appreciated.
yeah, even though we hijacking the sauce thread:p

Mine just sit outside on the patio, I have about 30 plants, but only about 8 have fruit, all still green at the moment and they generally look sad. I only water once or twice a week and some are in too small pots, I will get bigger ones today and move them.