The Official Homebrewed Chilli sauce Thread

saor

Honorary Master
About time for this thread to start picking up again :).

Chunky habenero sauce.
Habenero, onion, garlic, pineapple, pear, salt, smoked paprika,.

chunky.jpg

saor

Honorary Master
Habeneros. Honey. Place in jar, ensuring the honey covers the chillis.

Wait 2 years.

Enjoy.

You'll thank me for this if you have enough patience. The Habeneros look like raisens at the end, but have not lost heat. The honey adds sweetness to that amazing Habenero flavour.
So...it's been a year and they're still kinda the same size. But it looked far too delicious to leave for another year...opened two days ago and I've already eaten half of the honey in there. Every time I walk into the kitchen I eat a teaspoonful of the stuff - it sooo good. The peppers themselves are sweet and very hot. Thanks for the recommendation.

20180129-P1030006.jpg

Quad

So taking inspiration from this thread, this is what I did...

The ingredients

Everyone's at the party waiting for it to heat up

Hot and sweaty

Party moved to the top floor and now we're cooking

Oh what a night

The morning after the night before...

It came out very well. Fruity with a habenero sweetness and a heat that builds up. Gave a few bottles to chilihead mates and I'm getting requests for more so I think it worked out. I love it.

Besides the dry ingredients, I used a combination of apple cider and white vinegar as well as honey when it went onto the stove top.

So taking inspiration from this thread, this is what I did...

The ingredients

Everyone's at the party waiting for it to heat up

Hot and sweaty

Party moved to the top floor and now we're cooking

Oh what a night

The morning after the night before...

It came out very well. Fruity with a habenero sweetness and a heat that builds up. Gave a few bottles to chilihead mates and I'm getting requests for more so I think it worked out. I love it.

Besides the dry ingredients, I used a combination of apple cider and white vinegar as well as honey when it went onto the stove top.
Nice

Quad

It came out a bit thick so next time I will definitely use more vinegar. I found that adding some apple cider vinegar to the sauce as it is loosens it up nicely.

saor

Honorary Master
It came out a bit thick so next time I will definitely use more vinegar. I found that adding some apple cider vinegar to the sauce as it is loosens it up nicely.
Maybe pass it through a sieve next time? Good work with that sauce tho...nice mix of flavors and color. Looks really nice.

saor

Honorary Master
Fermented hot sauce.

Small jar has added apple with immediate airlock on. Big jar no apple, will sit with the cloth on for a few days and once fermentation is going I'll put the airlock on. Only thing not shown was a little bit of salt about a tsp...using much less than last time. Will flavor with salt at the end.)

Minimum 2 month ferment.

gr1.png
gr2.png

Last edited:

Randhir

Honorary Master
Never knew this thread existed.

I smoked about 12 habaneros, then sautéed them with some olive oil and garlic, then blended it with vinegar.

Tasted it and blew my hair off, so I added a can of tomatoes and cooked it through. Much better now.

saor

Honorary Master
Gonna give this a few weeks on the shelf and see what happens.
Trying some fresh dill along with carrot, habenero and two other kinds of chillies.

bubble.jpg

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I made mine yesterday.

With Kambuzi chilli using a Gindungo recipe.
2 bottles, one with normal spirit vinegar and the other with a combination of balsamic and apple cider

Used olive oil at the end

saor

Honorary Master
Gonna give this a few weeks on the shelf and see what happens.
Trying some fresh dill along with carrot, habenero and two other kinds of chillies.
:sick:
Yuck.
Dat dill did something didly and dats now disgusting.
No fresh dill next time.

Sweevo

Honorary Master
We made a smoothie once, added 6 chillis to it. Never again. Not hot but nearly blew chunks. Had to struggle to keep it down. The saliva was dripping lol. Bizarre reaction.