This does look like a mean rocket launcher Sorry for the ignorant question, but what is the purpose of this device on top.Didn't want to risk using my homegrown chilies for this fermented hot sauce (I've had a batch go bad before) so luckily found a mixed bag of red habaneros, jalapeno and some regular chilies.
This is the plan:
● Remove ends, chop & remove soft white insides.
● Process to a coarse sludge with 5-6% salt (by weight), this is known as the mash.
● Store in a jar, top up with a little bit of brine.
● Seal and stick on the airlock & suck out some air.
● Leave in a dark place for 1 month +.
View attachment 419162
Chopped and weighed (prior to being processed with the salt).
Also weighed out the salt right after this...
View attachment 419164
The mash after coming out the blender / food processor:
View attachment 419166
Ready to store:
View attachment 419168
Should start seeing some bubbles in a few days...