The official running thread™

Jaws677

Is anyone here running the Irene Marathon this sunday (Any of the distances)?
My first 21.1km, and I'm just slightly nervous.
Yip but not the 21km

Going to see if the sun moon and stars can align and try and sneak in a sub 4h25 for C seeding at Comrades.

Go early traffic is going to be a mess

Snyper564

Expert Member
I use Mr price sport running shirt and shorts. I also use ski pants under the shorts. Ever since I have done this I have never chaffed works like a dream no weird creams/lubes/gels etc

jouda

Expert Member
I stil kak myself before every race no matter how hard I trained.

As you get fitter you just go faster so it's always hard.

Before a race my body knows - nou gaan ons kak Pappa
THIS!!!

I've been cycling for many, many years and I always stress before a race, even though Ive done thousands of KMs in preparation.

My motto: Learn to race against yourself, its the best opponent you'll ever have.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Decided to skip the park run due to the rain (muddy) and did my 2km route in 11mins. I swear it seems to be getting harder

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Nice to be back on the road after 2 weeks off, running the Leapfrog 21km in Gordon's Bay. Perfect conditions, not hot and no wind to speak of. Last long run before Oceans in 2 weeks.

dabean

Expert Member
I'm enjoying listening to this interesting interview with Kerrie Bruxort:
https://soundcloud.com/wearesuperman%2F76-kerrie-bruxvort-finding-a-way-to-run

https://calendar.ultrarunning.com/runner/show?first_name=Kerrie&last_name=Bruxvoort

Still working on my right foot but I'm almost back to a normal wear pattern. Getting the arch back too, it's only a centimeter longer than my left foot now (from about twice that). It almost looks like my pre-op foot again lol (as someone who's a bit into feet it's always bugged me).

I think I'll start running in a few months.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
taking it lazy today xD

might walk the dogs later, would love to run with them but especially the one who needs it only knows one speed, not sure if i could ever get him to calm down enough to keep a decent pace

jouda

Expert Member
Scary stat from the Ironman today.... The guy in front at the moment cycled 180KM at an average of 40.89KM/h and he is now running at a 3:30 min/km... Thats insane!!

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Ultra 48km
C seeding for Comrades

I'm still built like a rugby player so dragging my 100kg ass around isn't pretty
that's insane, average pace of 5.22/km is mad at that distance. it still also baffles me as to how that can only be around 4000 calories burnt