The official running thread™

Zuner

Expert Member
Was slower again at ParkRun this morning, couldn't keep up pace, started doing intervals at around 3km mark. finished at around 30m:10s (they held a tablet with a timer at the finish, so still waiting for official results).
Calves are shot, can barely walk.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I went for my first "run" this morning and I'm embarrassed to say I only ran a third of the distance I imagined I would. :D

"Ran" for 12 mins (30s walk and 30s run as suggested by @Jehosefat ) and my legs had that acid build up feeling.

I am very unfit, a couch potato with a lot of fat blobbing around. So my muscles are weak, I couldn't extend them enough to take larger strides during the run part. I hope if I do this every morning, after a while my muscles will get stretched and strengthened enough to increase my distance.

Not tired at all though, just my legs felt on fire. Tomorrow again it is! :)

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Was slower again at ParkRun this morning, couldn't keep up pace, started doing intervals at around 3km mark. finished at around 30m:10s (they held a tablet with a timer at the finish, so still waiting for official results).
Calves are shot, can barely walk.
great time though :D tomorrow your calves will be dead xD

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
I went for my first "run" this morning and I'm embarrassed to say I only ran a third of the distance I imagined I would. :D

"Ran" for 12 mins (30s walk and 30s run as suggested by @Jehosefat ) and my legs had that acid build up feeling.

I am very unfit, a couch potato with a lot of fat blobbing around. So my muscles are weak, I couldn't extend them enough to take larger strides during the run part. I hope if I do this every morning, after a while my muscles will get stretched and strengthened enough to increase my distance.

yeah its crazy how you think you can do so much more than you mentally and physically can, that said though, in 2 weeks you will wonder how you did so little now just keep going :D

I'm enjoying listening to this interesting interview with Kerrie Bruxort:
https://soundcloud.com/wearesuperman%2F76-kerrie-bruxvort-finding-a-way-to-run

https://calendar.ultrarunning.com/runner/show?first_name=Kerrie&last_name=Bruxvoort

Still working on my right foot but I'm almost back to a normal wear pattern. Getting the arch back too, it's only a centimeter longer than my left foot now (from about twice that). It almost looks like my pre-op foot again lol (as someone who's a bit into feet it's always bugged me).

I think I'll start running in a few months.
It is great interview with Kerrie Bruxo

gamer16

Executive Member

Don't worry about your first run, mine was also pathetic. I did just over 1k walking for a minute, my muscles and so on can more than cope, its the support systems letting me down mostly my lungs. Was coughing heavily afterwards.

But keep at it and it'll get better and better, you'll also feel a significant improvement mentally and emotionally for some reason if you keep it up.
Screenshot_2019-04-16-18-37-50.png