The official running thread™

Eti1

Expert Member
3.5km @ 23

Today I really struggled, mentally and my shins and left hammy.

Also used Strava today, ots definitely my phone as the GPS was still bad.
Battery management especially on Huawei devices will mess with background apps

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Battery management especially on Huawei devices will mess with background apps
i set it on high accuracy but it still goes weird, i think the app goes to sleep and when it is in sleep it is a background app and it limits it.

jman

Expert Member
i set it on high accuracy but it still goes weird, i think the app goes to sleep and when it is in sleep it is a background app and it limits it.
Go to the battery settings and "exempt" the app from being optimised

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Wake up bastid. It's almost time :p

Managed to strain my groin a tad on Thursday's treadmill run. Will be taking it easy today.
I'm awake :p having a bull terrier is worse than a child, there is no such thing as sleeping in!

What's your definition of taking it easy? Resting it, or you still gonna walk it?

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
And? How did it go this morning? Went for a 12km run along Marine Drive. Was great being out before sun-up. Got a 60km Comrades training run this Wednesday so need to keep the legs loose.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Eish. I am an impatient man, I want to see results now. :X3: Doubled my distance today but ran a lot less on that route. I know I know, doing this every day for a few months will show results, I'm fine with that. Just such a drag being so slow in the beginning. I will soldier on. :)

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
waiting on official times but somewhere around the 29 mark, the start was abortioned a bit and they false started like twice so i got caught up in a see of people at the start O_O, run went ok but was mentally and physically hard, walked two short sections, was also pretty muddy.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Really need to improve pacing myself -- and I've done running for several years now. Eish.

Got an average of 5:04 for first 2kms of the park run but then got cramp from not breathing properly so ended up with an unsatisfactory time of just over 27min (my park run has a few hills + it's a trail run, so not the easiest either). I'm really trying to get under 26:30min consistently. When I did 10km training runs I was consistently getting under 25:30 but can't due to that now really due to time constraints. Do more 5-6km training run + spinning now.