The official running thread™

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Wake up bastid. It's almost time :p

Managed to strain my groin a tad on Thursday's treadmill run. Will be taking it easy today.
I'm awake :p having a bull terrier is worse than a child, there is no such thing as sleeping in!

What's your definition of taking it easy? Resting it, or you still gonna walk it?

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
And? How did it go this morning? Went for a 12km run along Marine Drive. Was great being out before sun-up. Got a 60km Comrades training run this Wednesday so need to keep the legs loose.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Eish. I am an impatient man, I want to see results now. :X3: Doubled my distance today but ran a lot less on that route. I know I know, doing this every day for a few months will show results, I'm fine with that. Just such a drag being so slow in the beginning. I will soldier on. :)

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Eish. I am an impatient man, I want to see results now. :X3: Doubled my distance today but ran a lot less on that route. I know I know, doing this every day for a few months will show results, I'm fine with that. Just such a drag being so slow in the beginning. I will soldier on. :)
nah keep it up, even in a few weeks you will see results!

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
waiting on official times but somewhere around the 29 mark, the start was abortioned a bit and they false started like twice so i got caught up in a see of people at the start O_O, run went ok but was mentally and physically hard, walked two short sections, was also pretty muddy.

Really need to improve pacing myself -- and I've done running for several years now. Eish.

Got an average of 5:04 for first 2kms of the park run but then got cramp from not breathing properly so ended up with an unsatisfactory time of just over 27min (my park run has a few hills + it's a trail run, so not the easiest either). I'm really trying to get under 26:30min consistently. When I did 10km training runs I was consistently getting under 25:30 but can't due to that now really due to time constraints. Do more 5-6km training run + spinning now.