The official running thread™

10k done in 1h04. Not ecstatic with the time but it was a nice comfortable run.

New Falke socks helped, even if only psychologically.
 
10k done in 1h04. Not ecstatic with the time but it was a nice comfortable run.

New Falke socks helped, even if only psychologically.

that's a great time, average of 6mins a km is really good over that distance imo
 
Ran 31 minutes on the 5KM (which was closer to 6KM) leg of my first Triathlon today. Man the hikls and the mud was murder....
 
A triathlon is on my 'to do' list, but with a dodgy shoulder, the swim section makes me slightly apprehensive.
 
Yoh, that is crazy!! Ridiculous time, oh my hat! How was the terrain? Runnable at least? I'm looking at doing the UTCT 65km ultra trail in December. Some friends did it last year. Took them 13 hours.
 
3.5km @22.08 :D new route, felt much better, im still slower than park run somehow...most likely motivation
 
I'm ashamed to say I haven't gone for a run again since the last time, been on a drinking spree which was fun.

I'll see about it this evening but its bleeping cold out there, does this not affect you guys? I know one can push a bit more in the cold and you heal quicker but surely your face will freeze off eventually.
 
I'm ashamed to say I haven't gone for a run again since the last time, been on a drinking spree which was fun.

I'll see about it this evening but its bleeping cold out there, does this not affect you guys? I know one can push a bit more in the cold and you heal quicker but surely your face will freeze off eventually.

its actually really not cold these mornings lately, we are still going to get there
 
10k done in 1h04. Not ecstatic with the time but it was a nice comfortable run.

New Falke socks helped, even if only psychologically.

That's a good time. I'm looking at around 1:20 for my first 10k. Still haven't decided which one to do yet. Will most probably be 1000 Hills Trail Run in a few months time.
 
Did a 32:00 on Saturdays parkrun. Last run was 2 weeks ago and no gym in those 2 weeks as well so happy with this. Will be happy anywhere around 30 min for the 5km.
Legs were a bit heavy.
 
Out of curiosity, what are guys eating or drinking before a run. I only do the Parkrun and usually just have Black coffee before. Don't feel for water during the run.
Wondering if i should be having something else since on Saturdays run, although did 32 min(with some extra walking), was feeling that i had to push.
Maybe because i didn't gym for 2 weeks?
 
Nothing. Because I started running to loose weight I never ate or drank anything before it. These day I might have a Monster Zero on my way to a race just to wake me up and get things going.
 
Out of curiosity, what are guys eating or drinking before a run. I only do the Parkrun and usually just have Black coffee before. Don't feel for water during the run.
Wondering if i should be having something else since on Saturdays run, although did 32 min(with some extra walking), was feeling that i had to push.
Maybe because i didn't gym for 2 weeks?
Nothing for shorter runs (anything under 15km for me). If I do a half marathon or something, I'll probably have a banana or two
 
before week morning runs nothing, before parkrun a cup of coffee about 40 minutes before. I feel i might puke if i ate or drank more. at most maybe a banana
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X