The official running thread™

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I'm awake :p having a bull terrier is worse than a child, there is no such thing as sleeping in!

What's your definition of taking it easy? Resting it, or you still gonna walk it?
Weather was awesome for a run so ended up doing 26.22. Doubled back on the course a bit and ended up doing 8.2k's in 43:32. Pretty sure I will manage a 10k easily now :cool:

woot i just broke the 29m barrier :D
Nice! :thumbsup:

Eti1

Expert Member
10k done in 1h04. Not ecstatic with the time but it was a nice comfortable run.

New Falke socks helped, even if only psychologically.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Yoh, that is crazy!! Ridiculous time, oh my hat! How was the terrain? Runnable at least? I'm looking at doing the UTCT 65km ultra trail in December. Some friends did it last year. Took them 13 hours.

gamer16

Executive Member
I'm ashamed to say I haven't gone for a run again since the last time, been on a drinking spree which was fun.

I'll see about it this evening but its bleeping cold out there, does this not affect you guys? I know one can push a bit more in the cold and you heal quicker but surely your face will freeze off eventually.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
I'm ashamed to say I haven't gone for a run again since the last time, been on a drinking spree which was fun.

I'll see about it this evening but its bleeping cold out there, does this not affect you guys? I know one can push a bit more in the cold and you heal quicker but surely your face will freeze off eventually.
its actually really not cold these mornings lately, we are still going to get there

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
10k done in 1h04. Not ecstatic with the time but it was a nice comfortable run.

New Falke socks helped, even if only psychologically.
That's a good time. I'm looking at around 1:20 for my first 10k. Still haven't decided which one to do yet. Will most probably be 1000 Hills Trail Run in a few months time.

As1974a

Did a 32:00 on Saturdays parkrun. Last run was 2 weeks ago and no gym in those 2 weeks as well so happy with this. Will be happy anywhere around 30 min for the 5km.
Legs were a bit heavy.

As1974a

Out of curiosity, what are guys eating or drinking before a run. I only do the Parkrun and usually just have Black coffee before. Don't feel for water during the run.
Wondering if i should be having something else since on Saturdays run, although did 32 min(with some extra walking), was feeling that i had to push.
Maybe because i didn't gym for 2 weeks?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Nothing. Because I started running to loose weight I never ate or drank anything before it. These day I might have a Monster Zero on my way to a race just to wake me up and get things going.

jman

Expert Member
Out of curiosity, what are guys eating or drinking before a run. I only do the Parkrun and usually just have Black coffee before. Don't feel for water during the run.
Wondering if i should be having something else since on Saturdays run, although did 32 min(with some extra walking), was feeling that i had to push.
Maybe because i didn't gym for 2 weeks?
Nothing for shorter runs (anything under 15km for me). If I do a half marathon or something, I'll probably have a banana or two