Times are coming down nicely.
Havent been running or training much the past few months, skipped many parkruns and just haven't had any motivation to train or run since the Vaal 21k. Getting back to it from tomorrow, got a whole 30 day action plan. Starting intermittent fasting as well mainly for the health benefits but im sure il drop the 3-4 kilos I put on over December and just haven't managed to shed LOL. Will do Rietvlei or Victoria lake parkrun Saturday and Sunday we pre-entered for the Colgate 15k race, just hoping my foot pain stays away, I have very high arches and the longer distances tend to start hurting a lot lately, may need to start running with shoe inserts. Also have recurring plantar fasciitis but that doesn't bug me much anymore, once the calves and ankles loosen up and are warm, usually 1-2k into a run it goes away.
Oh and about the age question discussion above, my father in law is 67 and runs every race and parkrun I do and probably puts more hours into his training than I do LOL so there is a bit of motivation for you, his not that fast (still faster than anyone on their couch) but his very consistent in this times (always sub 36-39 on parkrun, we mainly run the tougher parkruns so not too bad times) and his pacing ability is really brilliant, he has done Comrades back in 1986 and has done countless marathons and half marathons but he stopped for over 30 years until my wife and I decided to get into running a few years ago. This past weekend he told us his decided his training to run a marathon again in the coming year or so.