The Premium PC Games For Free Thread

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
That is an interesting partnership between SEGA and EPIC. I wonder those who will be against this whether they will claim the game?

Popular YouTube hardware review channels have publically stated that they don't support EPIC, but then benchmarked World War Z (which is a EPIC exclusive)... so yeah, it was called out on occasion, but then claimed that the game wasn't owned on their accounts. Just silly.

Perhaps people will say that they looted the game on EPIC in protest, however, they like to spin it.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Just another thing in regard to Troy, it isn't a classic Total War title and it belongs to their new Saga series which include Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia. It is different in scale and focusses more on legendary or in this case with Troy mythical stories.

Some people may expect a bit more from the game. It is a perfect case for the promotion of the Total War genre though.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
That is an interesting partnership between SEGA and EPIC. I wonder those who will be against this whether they will claim the game?

Popular YouTube hardware review channels have publically stated that they don't support EPIC, but then benchmarked World War Z (which is a EPIC exclusive)... so yeah, it was called out on occasion, but then claimed that the game wasn't owned on their accounts. Just silly.

Perhaps people will say that they looted the game on EPIC in protest, however, they like to spin it.
I'm guessing the game needs to be downloaded in order to keep it

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm guessing the game needs to be downloaded in order to keep it
I doubt it, should claim only for 24 hours. For a mass of users rushing to download will strain EPIC's content delivery nodes. See how much EPIC suffered from the GTA V giveaway.

Then again, Thrones of Britannia is around 12.5 GB and I doubt Troy will be more than 20GB. It is not that big of a download, considering that the download package may be compressed in any case. GTA V is 90 GB.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member

rambo919

Executive Member
GOG

We have 3 games which you can claim for FREE
Let's go back to Thimbleweed Park in Delores
☀️
Or challenge ourselves in Ascendant and War Wind
If that isn't enough, check out more free titles here
https://bit.ly/2XQdhPH

Swa

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
OT,

I see EA announced that EA Access will come to Steam. It is great news, but I am wary with subscription services on Steam, but at least it will keep the Valve diehards happy. I have to ask, will it be the same service as EA's own Origin Access? Steam is also now beta testing cloud gaming which is at this stage only linked to GeForce NOW.

I get the idea that Valve is slowly migrating to a cloud-based service once all this is in place. I am saying it now, the gaming libraries we have come to know will become legacy.

Free giveaways may come to an end in the time to come, replaced by daily, weekly and monthly service subscription trials as already done by others.

No need to have DRM anymore when you don't own the license to have physical access...

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
OT,

I see EA announced that EA Access will come to Steam. It is great news, but I am wary with subscription services on Steam, but at least it will keep the Valve diehards happy. I have to ask, will it be the same service as EA's own Origin Access? Steam is also now beta testing cloud gaming which is at this stage only linked to GeForce NOW.

I get the idea that Valve is slowly migrating to a cloud-based service once all this is in place. I am saying it now, the gaming libraries we have come to know will become legacy.

Free giveaways may come to an end in the time to come, replaced by daily, weekly and monthly service subscription trials as already done by others.

No need to have DRM anymore when you don't own the license to have physical access...
If that happens I'll stick to GOG. I have no interest in games as a service/subscription.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
If that happens I'll stick to GOG. I have no interest in games as a service/subscription.
It will still take years, in order to do so there needs to be globally acceptable internet access, though applying it regionally is possible in terms with the migration or accessibility period. Not even the USA have adequate internet access on average.

The licensing users are already subscribed should stay intact, hence l called it legacy. By the time something like this happens many will have already adopted cloud gaming.

It is a suspicion I have.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I see The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day is being given away at 17:00:00 UTC today.

SteamDB is a good place to watch,

but it isn't always accurate. The Steam Summer Sale is also coming June/July, save your savings to until then.

Reactions: Swa