The Premium PC Games For Free Thread


Try this at your own risk
It's a clever marketing trick it seems.
I just bit the bullet and decided to test it.

Out of all the EA games listed, I've probably only seen about 3 or 4 that allow you to view or use the key in Origin.
Some games also give a key, but you can't redeem it in Origin.

All in all, R9 wasn't a bad test. I'll see if there's anything I'd like to play, so far it seems I've played most EA play games.
 
So just to be clear you add the service in Steam and then temporarily get the games in your library but can only add them permanently to your Origin library?
 
So just to be clear you add the service in Steam and then temporarily get the games in your library but can only add them permanently to your Origin library?
In Steam you sign up for EA Play. It's cheaper than through Origin.
Then you get the EA Library games. Which isn't much games and many are dated.
Then you pay R9 something cents for the month and cancel after adding the keys to Origin.
You search again for EA Play in Steam after signing up. Within Steam you add the games to your Library.
You can choose which games to add.

The point is, none of the actual games worth playing show any keys. Like none.
I think I got one Mass Effect game that I didn't have and a few Dead Space games.
The rest is really meh. I went through the whole list. Almost no keys, especially for new games.
 
In Steam you sign up for EA Play. It's cheaper than through Origin.
Then you get the EA Library games. Which isn't much games and many are dated.
Then you pay R9 something cents for the month and cancel after adding the keys to Origin.
You search again for EA Play in Steam after signing up. Within Steam you add the games to your Library.
You can choose which games to add.

The point is, none of the actual games worth playing show any keys. Like none.
I think I got one Mass Effect game that I didn't have and a few Dead Space games.
The rest is really meh. I went through the whole list. Almost no keys, especially for new games.
Ok thanks. There's also only a few games he lists. My EA library only has SIMS4 though.
 
Ok thanks. There's also only a few games he lists. My EA library only has SIMS4 though.
Well if you choose to add it to Origin, then R10 isn't any money for a few good games.
Sign up, go through the list, add to Origin and you've got a great game Library.
It's a pure and brilliant marketing stunt. Very clever.
Imagine how many R10 or R15 (Origin) sign ups there will be. Clever.

Edit: Somehow linked my Steam and Origin account and I've got all the Origin games that had no keys in the Library.
All marked with a Steam logo. So I'm unsure if it expires or stays?
 
Last edited:
If you're subscribed to the newsletter you can get it for free. I don't know if it works in retrospect.

 
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X