The Tattoo Thread

kolaval

Expert Member
I do not quite understand why people would tattoo celebrities, musicians, brand names or logos on themselves?

twaatie

I do not quite understand why people would tattoo celebrities, musicians, brand names or logos on themselves?
Because they can. My idea with tattoos is put on your skin what makes you happy

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I have the In Flames logo tattooed on my chest.

yes its a band logo, but its been done for me, to what I want from it, its not just a copy from the internet or album cover its my own design, and its because In Flames has been my favourite band for more than 10 years.

other things come and go, but my connection to most of their songs remains constant. and I need that stability in this ever changing world.

that is just my two cents about band logo's or celebrities as tattoos. its a personal thing that no one else will ever really get...

kolaval

Expert Member
Finally some quiet time, i have forgotten to respond.

I can understand seeing a design and modifying it to your liking.
The same for relatable music.

However, I met a guy with some brand tattoo some time ago. Asked him about it and got an 'it's cool' reply.
My fascination with that is that someone willingly made themselves an advertisement without the brand owner even knowing of their existence.

theratman

Executive Member

yes its a band logo, but its been done for me, to what I want from it, its not just a copy from the internet or album cover its my own design, and its because In Flames has been my favourite band for more than 10 years.

other things come and go, but my connection to most of their songs remains constant. and I need that stability in this ever changing world.

that is just my two cents about band logo's or celebrities as tattoos. its a personal thing that no one else will ever really get...
Agreed, nothing wrong with it. My first tattoo was the sick of it all band dragon, still like it 14 years on. Actually want to pump some more colour into one of my big pieces but time and money are in short supply.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Interesting how bands are so often the center piece of tattoos.

I have a TOOL-related tattoo but it's not anything that's directly likened to the band but rather something that any fan would recognise instantly.

Always interesting to see how "normal" people respond to it versus how true TOOL fans immediately know what it is and we go rattling off in conversation about their music.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Interesting how bands are so often the center piece of tattoos.

I have a TOOL-related tattoo but it's not anything that's directly likened to the band but rather something that any fan would recognise instantly.

Always interesting to see how "normal" people respond to it versus how true TOOL fans immediately know what it is and we go rattling off in conversation about their music.
is it the two faces looking at each other like in the Lateralus video?
or is it something from the 10 000 days album cover?
I am super interested now.