The Tattoo Thread

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I find single needles more painful, might just be in my head but I feel like the more surface area covered the less concentrated the pain is, also gets more painful the more the area is worked on :D like first few passes are not so bad but when you're already swollen bloody and tired then any small "touchups" seem to be more painful, but I guess it's all dependant
Its all dependent yes.
There are areas that I was getting concerned about because they started to feel a bit sore when that multi-pronged needle was doing highlights and shadows. I noticed as soon as we were finished that I had in fact, started to bleed.
The colour wasn't bad at all, I would say the devil is the highlights/shadows.
@KT-B and others:
For those who are unsure about this I will state the following:
1. The linework felt like he was drawing on me with a BIC ballpoint pen. Almost enjoyable
2. The colour was OK, I felt a bit of that in some areas, basically like putting your finger in 50 degree water. Again some areas felt, pretty damn good.
3. The highlights/shadows was where it started to feel burny and where I started bleeding. The artist did remark that my skin wasn't going to take much more
so he went easier and told me I might have to come back for touch up. Looking at it tonight during aftercare, he's right.

The burn feels like when you go shower, and you've burnt lobster pink in the sun. But a 1/3 less.
Just go with it, ask them to put your favourite music on and you will be fine.

Mist4h20

Its all dependent yes.
There are areas that I was getting concerned about because they started to feel a bit sore when that multi-pronged needle was doing highlights and shadows. I noticed as soon as we were finished that I had in fact, started to bleed.
The colour wasn't bad at all, I would say the devil is the highlights/shadows.
@KT-B and others:
For those who are unsure about this I will state the following:
1. The linework felt like he was drawing on me with a BIC ballpoint pen. Almost enjoyable
2. The colour was OK, I felt a bit of that in some areas, basically like putting your finger in 50 degree water. Again some areas felt, pretty damn good.
3. The highlights/shadows was where it started to feel burny and where I started bleeding. The artist did remark that my skin wasn't going to take much more
so he went easier and told me I might have to come back for touch up. Looking at it tonight during aftercare, he's right.

The burn feels like when you go shower, and you've burnt lobster pink in the sun. But a 1/3 less.
Just go with it, ask them to put your favourite music on and you will be fine.
The first rinse with cold water is a blessing :D but I think the pain is related to how much work is being done and the area, inner ankles are so far my least favourite spot

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
The first rinse with cold water is a blessing :D but I think the pain is related to how much work is being done and the area, inner ankles are so far my least favourite spot
Yeah one thing is, it gets HOT there, so when the rinse comes... OMG it feels great!

KT-B

Honorary Master
The only way I an going to be able to do this - is to not think of the pain. You have to understand - the only pain I like is when you exercise too hard and your muscles ache for the next few days. I am a baby.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
The only way I an going to be able to do this - is to not think of the pain. You have to understand - the only pain I like is when you exercise too hard and your muscles ache for the next few days. I am a baby.
Oh but let me then fill you in... this tattoo thing is the same kind of pain, you want more

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Yeah one thing is, it gets HOT there, so when the rinse comes... OMG it feels great!
It's been so long since I had a tattooist work on me that uses the cold water rinse I forgot they do that! Mine just uses vaseline and wipes. After the seventh wipe in the same spot I usually just want to punch him :ROFL:

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
It's been so long since I had a tattooist work on me that uses the cold water rinse I forgot they do that! Mine just uses vaseline and wipes. After the seventh wipe in the same spot I usually just want to punch him :ROFL:
I did get a lot of Vaseline but he was very gentle and very good in handling me. I cannot complain honestly I am about to post them a really nice compliment on their Facebook

theratman

Executive Member
There's nothing worse than that, it's more painful than the tattoo! When you have a long sitting it's a few hours of that, eina. Damn endorphins wearing off.

I've become a pussy in my middle age. It's much more painful now than it was in my 20s.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
There's nothing worse than that, it's more painful than the tattoo! When you have a long sitting it's a few hours of that, eina. Damn endorphins wearing off.

I've become a pussy in my middle age. It's much more painful now than it was in my 20s.
Yeah by hour 5 it isn't funny anymore :p

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Next up we have Ms Amy Rose, will be discussing placement as soon as I am healed but my wife chose this one:
1548700794845.jpeg
To do: find the official version of this, as this is a reproduction (notice her shoes are a bit “square”)

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
The peel has started... tattoo doesn't look very happy now, but its normal and it will return