The Tattoo Thread

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
I have the In Flames logo tattooed on my chest.

yes its a band logo, but its been done for me, to what I want from it, its not just a copy from the internet or album cover its my own design, and its because In Flames has been my favourite band for more than 10 years.

other things come and go, but my connection to most of their songs remains constant. and I need that stability in this ever changing world.

that is just my two cents about band logo's or celebrities as tattoos. its a personal thing that no one else will ever really get...

I know this is an ancient post but trawling through the thread... I 100% agree. It's personal. I'm doing a sleeve inspired by Gaiman and his work and his illustrators, because he and the artists he works with shaped a large part of my thinking and who I am. That's true for many of people's idols, and isn't something that goes away or changes. Also, if it looks cool and you dig it, ink it!

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I know this is an ancient post but trawling through the thread... I 100% agree. It's personal. I'm doing a sleeve inspired by Gaiman and his work and his illustrators, because he and the artists he works with shaped a large part of my thinking and who I am. That's true for many of people's idols, and isn't something that goes away or changes. Also, if it looks cool and you dig it, ink it!
Same here, the blue hedgehog and friends have been such a part of my life for so many years it makes sense to put all of them on my skin

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Less than a month to go until next sitting for continuation of sleeve and sent through below as proposal's for inner bicep; they would be in full colour of course.

fabulous dahling.jpgtrex cop.jpgpiranha.jpg

Illustrations are from Fortunately, The Milk written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Chris Riddell.

And then in gap below my elbow between Crowley & Aziraphale I'm wanting him to design an old school tape cassette that somehow illustrates the fact that any cassette left in Crowley's car for longer than a fortnight becomes Best of Queen :ROFL:

Thoughts?

EMAM

Honorary Master
I know this is not everyone's taste but I like simple, small tats (only black). I have 13. My favourite is my unilome on my chest - deep meaning.

My tattoo artist did this one on his wife's neck

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I have subsequently found out that one of the artworks I wanted on my arm was actually done by a furry and is on DeviantArt. Something told me to check and double-check again. Glad I did.
Anyway I've found official art to choose from, so that's what it will be

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Less than a month to go until next sitting for continuation of sleeve and sent through below as proposal's for inner bicep; they would be in full colour of course.

View attachment 625290View attachment 625292View attachment 625294

Illustrations are from Fortunately, The Milk written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Chris Riddell.

And then in gap below my elbow between Crowley & Aziraphale I'm wanting him to design an old school tape cassette that somehow illustrates the fact that any cassette left in Crowley's car for longer than a fortnight becomes Best of Queen :ROFL:

Thoughts?
That is really cool. Would love to see how that comes out

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
So who is going for another session when?
@PoppieChoffel you're up next for another session soon-ish yes?
I am going to aim for end April, then July, and September, and December or January.
The decision in my case is to decide what goes where, and to go one session outlines only, then colour in subsequent sessions or to do each character individually.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
So who is going for another session when?
@PoppieChoffel you're up next for another session soon-ish yes?
I am going to aim for end April, then July, and September, and December or January.
The decision in my case is to decide what goes where, and to go one session outlines only, then colour in subsequent sessions or to do each character individually.
March 22, then again in May which should be last sitting to finish sleeve :)

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Fantastic. Much excitement I am sure.
So much! Dying to ask him thoughts on what I sent through, but he'll realistically probably only look at it a week or even less before. Besides, we need to finish Aziraphale before we move onto the new stuff, so there's time to discuss and tweak design etc.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
So much! Dying to ask him thoughts on what I sent through, but he'll realistically probably only look at it a week or even less before. Besides, we need to finish Aziraphale before we move onto the new stuff, so there's time to discuss and tweak design etc.
Awesome. I am working on these, getting their sizes right to be the same as in the games, and in relation to what's already on my skin. But they all gotta go somewhere on my arm
1551353902192.png

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Awesome. I am working on these, getting their sizes right to be the same as in the games, and in relation to what's already on my skin. But they all gotta go somewhere on my arm
View attachment 625928
All that beautiful colour :love:

I send ideas / images & leave Thys to design as Thys sees fit. I first laid eyes on Aziraphale the morning of my sitting, wanted one thing changed, and he did that in under 2 minutes. Cumulatively I've spent 72 hours under his needles, so I'm comfortable enough for him to do so.