The Tattoo Thread

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
First time trying tegaderm and Im really enjoying it. Its like a fit and forget thing which is great.
Tomorrow is 5 days so will be taking it off and then just doing the moisturizing from there.
First application only lasted the morning before some corners came off so ended up reinforcing it with medical tape on the second and its been great. I played squash with it yesterday and it stayed put which is quite something for the upper leg/hip area.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
First time trying tegaderm and Im really enjoying it. Its like a fit and forget thing which is great.
Tomorrow is 5 days so will be taking it off and then just doing the moisturizing from there.
First application only lasted the morning before some corners came off so ended up reinforcing it with medical tape on the second and its been great. I played squash with it yesterday and it stayed put which is quite something for the upper leg/hip area.
I am going to look into this.
This would then be ideal for when the time comes when my inner arm gets done and I cannot avoid contact with it due to life etc..

The_David

Yeah got below done on Friday. Also using wet healing with Tegaderm. I layered the plasters up my arm starting at the bottom going up so water cascades over joints when in the shower. When corners peel for whatever reason I cut them off and then add a smaller Tegaderm plaster over. Gonna take mine off tonight.
Screenshot_20190201_170529_com.instagram.android.jpg

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Yeah got below done on Friday. Also using wet healing with Tegaderm. I layered the plasters up my arm starting at the bottom going up so water cascades over joints when in the shower. When corners peel for whatever reason I cut them off and then add a smaller Tegaderm plaster over. Gonna take mine off tonight.
View attachment 615078
Nice! Munky does some good work indeed. Everyone at that studio does, tbh.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Yeah thats why I go there. They are awesome. On a side note. I can now confirm getting your inside bicep done is rather ouchie after a while. o_O
Yeah, we'll be getting to that in March. I am NOT looking forward to that! Good thing Thys is such a cool guy, or I may well lash out next sitting :p

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Yeah thats why I go there. They are awesome. On a side note. I can now confirm getting your inside bicep done is rather ouchie after a while. o_O
Yep. I am well informed on that bit... but we will deal with it when the time comes :) like we always do.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I am going to look into this.
This would then be ideal for when the time comes when my inner arm gets done and I cannot avoid contact with it due to life etc..
Exactly the reason I tried it, the healing part is my least favorite thing about getting tattoos. Its not as bad if its in an area that doesnt have clothing rubbing against it or pressing against another body part constantly. Im fairly sure Im going tegaderm from here out, was just so easy.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Exactly the reason I tried it, the healing part is my least favorite thing about getting tattoos. Its not as bad if its in an area that doesnt have clothing rubbing against it or pressing against another body part constantly. Im fairly sure Im going tegaderm from here out, was just so easy.
Well count me in, it’s healed just about, but the aftercare was a real drag. Well I expect my inner arm will get work later in the year so I want to be prepared

Eedubz

Film dressings are the way forward :thumbsup:

I've been dressing my tattoos for the last 3 years now after my artist introduced me to the method, I've even recommended it in this thread. I usually sleep the first night with the initial clingwrap on, shower the next morning and wash/rinse all the plasma and blood off, then apply the dressing and leave it on for 4-5 days. And that's it!

If you're looking for the cheapest source, the Waterproof Film Dressings from Clicks are the best bang for buck. You can buy the different size packs and patch work them together based on your size requirements.

https://clicks.co.za/clicks_waterproof-film-dressing-100mm-x-120mm-3-pack/p/225168
https://clicks.co.za/clicks_waterproof-film-dressing-60mm-x-70mm-3-pack/p/225170

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
View attachment 615078
wow that is seriously awesome!!
Film dressings are the way forward :thumbsup:

I've been dressing my tattoos for the last 3 years now after my artist introduced me to the method, I've even recommended it in this thread. I usually sleep the first night with the initial clingwrap on, shower the next morning and wash/rinse all the plasma and blood off, then apply the dressing and leave it on for 4-5 days. And that's it!

If you're looking for the cheapest source, the Waterproof Film Dressings from Clicks are the best bang for buck. You can buy the different size packs and patch work them together based on your size requirements.

https://clicks.co.za/clicks_waterproof-film-dressing-100mm-x-120mm-3-pack/p/225168
https://clicks.co.za/clicks_waterproof-film-dressing-60mm-x-70mm-3-pack/p/225170
Yeah thanks for that, it was from your posts that I first picked it up and then did a ton of research around it.
I used the same method you do with the initial wrap overnight then good wash the next morning before applying and leaving. The one thing I did after the first one came off that helped was to use an alcohol swab to clean everything before putting the next one on. Seemed to help a lot with keeping it stuck down.

The_David

wow that is seriously awesome!!

Yeah thanks for that, it was from your posts that I first picked it up and then did a ton of research around it.
I used the same method you do with the initial wrap overnight then good wash the next morning before applying and leaving. The one thing I did after the first one came off that helped was to use an alcohol swab to clean everything before putting the next one on. Seemed to help a lot with keeping it stuck down.
Yes deffinately do this. I just cut the flappy bits off then stuck a new patch over. The places where the plaster lifted did get a bit red (minor infection) but just used a water based antiseptic cream (after removing all patches) very lightly and it cleared up quickly. Will swab or spray with alcohol next time.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Yes deffinately do this. I just cut the flappy bits off then stuck a new patch over. The places where the plaster lifted did get a bit red (minor infection) but just used a water based antiseptic cream (after removing all patches) very lightly and it cleared up quickly. Will swab or spray with alcohol next time.
Yes I noticed you definitely need to get the edges pinned down if its a high movement area. I used that woven surgical tape around the edges and it stayed put through two full squash matches so it worked pretty well!