The Tattoo Thread

greg0205

Honorary Master
I cannot get a tattoo.
I don't think I like one design long enough, plus I'm 40 so by now it's something I can enjoy seeing and appreciate

The first time I sat for a tattoo I was in my teens... I'm 52 now and busy with my second sleeve.

I don't think age is a thing at all.

I do think you're either a tattoo person or you're not. Neither is good or bad, they just are what they are.

If you're not a tattoo person, you can still appreciate someone else's... Most won't have ink, but for those who do, a point will come where they'll regret a tattoo on their own bodies.

Tattoo folk just don't think like that IMO.

There's always something else. The next piece, or the next touch-up.

Always something.

Akasha

Executive Member
I cannot get a tattoo.
I don't think I like one design long enough, plus I'm 40 so by now it's something I can enjoy seeing and appreciate
My mom got her first and only tattoo at 66/67 in memory of my father that passed away the year before.
Something like this
1608978065518.png

azbob

Honorary Master
^^have always wondered what the flying birds tattoos were about.

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
The first time I sat for a tattoo I was in my teens... I'm 52 now and busy with my second sleeve.

I don't think age is a thing at all.

I do think you're either a tattoo person or you're not. Neither is good or bad, they just are what they are.

If you're not a tattoo person, you can still appreciate someone else's... Most won't have ink, but for those who do, a point will come where they'll regret a tattoo on their own bodies.

Tattoo folk just don't think like that IMO.

There's always something else. The next piece, or the next touch-up.

Always something.

This. 100%

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Don't you tell me what to do mom, I'm a big boy now, I can make my own decisions!

You do you, kid :ROFL:

But exactly what @greg0205 said. It's not an age thing. I'm 40 and busy finishing my first sleeve. You're never too old to do **** that makes you happy. And if it doesn't, don't do it :)

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
same, first sleeve finished this year at 40
All being well mine should also be finished while I'm still 40. Booked for two days in Feb.... But with all this COVID-19 malarkey who knows if they'll actually be operating or not :(

The_David

#offtopic
@ArtyLoop saw a Sonic T-shirt on sale at Factorie yesterday. White shirt with Blue graphic. Not amazing but pretty cool

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Addition to the sleeve today was a piece inspired by Neil Gamain's Cinnamon, illustrated by Divya Srinivasan. Design and work by Thys Uys at Fallen Heroes.

IMG_20210202_161728_807.jpg IMG_20210202_161728_819.jpg

Tomorrow we decide on what goes on my elbow, and do some filler "stuff" to finish the sleeve off.