Tiny Tower Spotted

Nabeel786

This recently popped up near my house in the South Coast KZN, Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? At first I thought it was a network cell tower but its not very tall or big so what could it be?
20210118_152504.jpg

Brian_G

Expert Member
Those antennae seen on the 3 sides near the top suggest it's very likely a cell tower.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Go climb it with a set of screw drivers and have a look what's inside those antennae.

It's 5G cancer spreaders I'm telling you.

dabean

Expert Member
It's not small, its just far away.
tenor.gif

Nabeel786

Those antennae seen on the 3 sides near the top suggest it's very likely a cell tower.
Theres actually two of the same towers in the area, they both just randomly popped up, they're about 300m away from each other, one has antennae but the other just has the structure and no antennae yet

Brian_G

Expert Member
Theres actually two of the same towers in the area, they both just randomly popped up, they're about 300m away from each other, one has antennae but the other just has the structure and no antennae yet
Pic says (from what I remember about polarity etc.) probably Vodacom already up, possibly MTN being erected.
Height of antennae suggests they're covering wider weak areas rather than dead spots.

Nabeel786

Pic says (from what I remember about polarity etc.) probably Vodacom already up, possibly MTN being erected.
Height of antennae suggests they're covering wider weak areas rather than dead spots.
is there any way I can find out for sure? like what network it is etc.

Brian_G

Expert Member
is there any way I can find out for sure? like what network it is etc.
Doubt it. I tried to call Vodacom "Care" recently, got the run around with voice prints and other distractions and never reached a human.

Since it's fairly close, take a walk there?
(You'll probably be surprised how far it really is.)

Nabeel786

Doubt it. I tried to call Vodacom "Care" recently, got the run around with voice prints and other distractions and never reached a human.

Since it's fairly close, take a walk there?
(You'll probably be surprised how far it really is.)
My interest in this tower has peaked, I did take a walk there but its actually in someone's yard and I cant see the base of the tower which makes it really difficult. And I think its quite weird for me to go to the persons house and be like "hey would you mind telling me what tower that is and for which network?" or is that just me?

Brian_G

Expert Member
And I think its quite weird for me to go to the persons house and be like "hey would you mind telling me what tower that is and for which network?" or is that just me?
Depends on the person there. I would ring bell then stand way back with mask on, and start with "sorry to be a nuisance, but maybe you can help"

Worst that can happen is they hate humans and they whip you.