Tiny Tower Spotted

Nabeel786

Depends on the person there. I would ring bell then stand way back with mask on, and start with "sorry to be a nuisance, but maybe you can help"

Worst that can happen is they hate humans and they whip you.
I tried. Turns out it's a really old guy living there, I don't think he liked me asking questions. He said he doesn't know anything about it, his son has had all the dealings. SO BACK TO SQUARE ONE!!!!

Flywheel

Honorary Master
I tried. Turns out it's a really old guy living there, I don't think he liked me asking questions. He said he doesn't know anything about it, his son has had all the dealings. SO BACK TO SQUARE ONE!!!!

You need to go with a quart of beer and a pack of skyfs...that bali would let you inside and even give you lunch or a fair rate to bonk his daughter.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Looks like a WISP tower. Antennas look too small to be cellular. Keep an eye out for homes getting little white dishes that point to the tower and you should be able to find out which WISP it is.

Nabeel786

Daughter will be too old, maybe the grandchildren.

What is square one? Do you have no coverage, or it's weak, or just technically curious?
Leave a letter for the son with a phone number.
Very weak coverage on all networks except telkom as the telkom tower is near my home. And also just curious, I noticed that the tower now has this small little dish on it pointing towards the tower that now has antennae. I'm not sure if you can see it properly in the photo below.

Attachments

• 20210121_162416.jpg
    20210121_162416.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 34

Nabeel786

Looks like a WISP tower. Antennas look too small to be cellular. Keep an eye out for homes getting little white dishes that point to the tower and you should be able to find out which WIS

What is square one? Do you have no coverage, or it's weak, or just technically curious?

I just went to check out the second tower and its got the dish that most of the cell towers have and its pointing towards the two cell towers that are about 2km away (Vodacom and Telkom/MTN) so can I safely say its a Vodacom or MTN tower?

Attachments

• 20210121_163920.jpg
    20210121_163920.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 21

Brian_G

Expert Member
@Nabeel786 , can get a much better idea now, clicking on your first photo revealls how small these towers are. Not standard with what I know, can't help you.

Nabeel786

@Nabeel786 , can get a much better idea now, clicking on your first photo revealls how small these towers are. Not standard with what I know, can't help you.
I spoke to people in the community and it seems the people that have the towers on their property are very secretive about it, they aren't disclosing any information.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I just went to check out the second tower and its got the dish that most of the cell towers have and its pointing towards the two cell towers that are about 2km away (Vodacom and Telkom/MTN) so can I safely say its a Vodacom or MTN tower?

That close up shows sectors that look like Ubiquity Sectors and that dish is a ubiquity dish. Definitely WISP and not mobile. Might be getting backhaul from a mobile tower.

Nabeel786

That close up shows sectors that look like Ubiquity Sectors and that dish is a ubiquity dish. Definitely WISP and not mobile. Might be getting backhaul from a mobile tower.
is it illegal to erect towers like these without proper consultations with the necessary departments?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
is it illegal to erect towers like these without proper consultations with the necessary departments?

No. There are certain bylaws which need to be obeyed and these vary by region. But nothing about that tower looks illegal. Self supporting masts like that have a max height of about 12-15m, which is acceptable nationally.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Very weak coverage on all networks except telkom as the telkom tower is near my home. And also just curious, I noticed that the tower now has this small little dish on it pointing towards the tower that now has antennae. I'm not sure if you can see it properly in the photo below.
And the lean? Someone want to compete with the leaning tower of Pizza?

yogidabear

Tell the furious people they can straddle those antennas and the cellphone in their pocket is putting out more RF