trying to resolve account problem since january

tanyadeville

here is the run-down:

i got a blackberry at the end of 2009... BUT my accounts for Jan, Feb and Mar are all charging me for packet switched data (PSD) - i.e. internet... which is supposed to be free if you have a BB

I have queried this with the 80 call centre... my first call to them was on 18 Jan 2010... and i have called pretty much every 7 to 14 days thereafter... I have a reference number, but all they can tell me is "sorry, we have a backlog with fixing problems.... please call again in 10 days time to follow up"... why TF can they not follow up?? why must I??

i am SO pissed off that every single month they are happy to charge me for PSD every month, but no one is remotely interested in resolving this issue... which makes me even angrier!!

they don't seem interested in crediting the 3 months PSD they have been debiting from my bank account and they couldn't care less about fixing my invoices each month.

there is no valid email address on the mtn website either!!

I went into an mtn store today, in the hope that could help me (ja right!!) and i was basically told that there's nothing they can do, they also deal with the 808 call centre number. but they will send an email to make an enquiry.... although i very strongly doubt that it will help.

i saw the email address the store is emailing, and it is not the same one as on the website... so you can be sure i will be sending them an email next week if it is not resolved my Tuesday.

in my opinion, mtn is a bag fat #brandFail

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I don't understand why you are having so much problems.

When calling 808 ask to speak to a supervisor and tell the person what is going on.

Do you use MTN Active? You can view your bills etc and call history on the site. You can log tickets to their help desk as well (I don't guarantee an answer though, but try at least).

I've had my contract with MTN for over 7 months and I am a happy client. ;)

WolfByte

Your browser on the device might be incorrectly configured. I know this happens on the Vodacom Berries when the default browser is set to Vodafone Live! and they get charged data usage.

Simply open your browser on the device, even before it loads a page press the menu button and go to options. Under the top two options make sure your browser is set to "Internet Browser" and not anything else, otherwise you probably will continue to get charged. Same place you enable java by the way ;)

Hope this helps

tanyadeville

@teraside... lucky you ;) i will try chatting to a supervisor and will hopefully have better luck.

@WolfByte i just checked those internet options, and they are both set to "Internet Browser" ... thanks for the tip though :D

Just a note: the FIRST month I had my BB they did NOT charge me for packet switched data... so they got it right in december... just jan/feb/mar that they keep screwing up

Dr_Data

Hi There

Actually you need to make sure that the browser is not set to the internet connection. This is the reason you are getting billed. You need to set it to the blackberry apn on the browser connection settings. Only browsing on this is free. If its set to internet or myMTN you will get charged and thats the reason you were billed in the first place.

Regards
DD

tanyadeville

Hi There

Actually you need to make sure that the browser is not set to the internet connection. This is the reason you are getting billed. You need to set it to the blackberry apn on the browser connection settings. Only browsing on this is free. If its set to internet or myMTN you will get charged and thats the reason you were billed in the first place.

Regards
DD

Hi Dr_Data...
how do I check this on my phone?
Also... I wasn't charged in December... but i have been charged since January...

Voldemort

Death eater
Hi Dr_Data...
how do I check this on my phone?
Also... I wasn't charged in December... but i have been charged since January...

Can explain that away with delayed billing charges.

I dialled 1555 and got through to someone on your behalf to check on this, according to them you would have to load the service via 808 but you already make mention of having the service which i argued case and point but neanderthal does not want to listen:rolleyes:

I would advise dialling 1555, have them talk you through the setup, thats unless DD can talk you through off the bat, i use MFE so i aint versed in Blackberry option...