Uncapped or capped

Gamebot145

I currently have a 6 Mbps uncapped data package with mweb and I have a 10 Mbps dsl line with telkom. I use on average 60 Gb data every month but sometimes go to around 130 Gb when I download a new game from psn although that is not very often. Should I go for a capped account instead which would mean I get 10 Mbps download speed. If so then what packages would you recommend and what isp.

Last edited:

Gamebot145

I'm battling to navigate this new telkom website, dunno who the dumbasses are that designed it. Have a look at http://www.telkom.co.za/today/shop/home/plan/do-premium/
Looks like a good package. I can download my games during the night as well to save my data which is nice. Only thing I don't understand is why they say 50 gb soft cap + 50 gb free data. Isn't it just 100 gb. Wouldn't it be easier to say that?

Oh and the website:D I know what you mean.

ODTech

Looks like a good package. I can download my games during the night as well to save my data which is nice. Only thing I don't understand is why they say 50 gb soft cap + 50 gb free data. Isn't it just 100 gb. Wouldn't it be easier to say that?

Webafrica gives you 4 x night time data.
I have a 200 gig account so i get a total of 1tb per month.

https://www.webafrica.co.za/home/adsl/

DJ...

Banned

For R279 you can grab a 100GB capped account from Crystal Web with unlimited midnight to 6am data... :)

Azg

Expert Member

It was previously just 50GB. The additional / "free" 50GB data is a promotion currently running up to March 2016 but maybe extended.

Dan C

Honorary Master
There's no better deal ATM than Telkom's 10mbps deal.. You get 100 gig anytime for about R150 odd (after discount) and unlimited between 12 and 7. No other ISP can match that, besides Vox if you have taken the promotion. Plus their latency to UK for gaming is the best I experienced.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
The main problem I have is that I can't game online, at fscking all, on my 4meg line.

My downloads are approximately 100 gigs now lately, looks like this 10meg line speed deal is something I need to go for.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
As mentioned Vox is uncapped on all fatpipe capped products between 12PM- 6AM.

They also have 24/7 call center, unless you like holding for Telkom when something goes wrong. :p Also unused data rolls over for 6 months.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
http://www.telkom.co.za/today/shop/home/plan/50-gb-softcap-v-plan/

Thinking of going for this but:

+50 GB SoftCap data + 50 GB Free Data (100GB to use anytime?)
+This cost excludes your monthly Telkom line rental fee, ADSL, VDSL or Fibre line rental and all voice and fax calls made on this line
+1 concurrent session
+Dynamic IP addresses
+Email account (with 3 GB of storage)
+Free Night Surfer data between 12am to 7am (Unlimited?)
+No contracts (month to month)
+Technical support from 06:00 - 24:00
+do Fax (fax-to-email)
+do Messaging (online webmail)

+This price is based on a 2Mbps ADSL line. (?)

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
+50 GB SoftCap data + 50 GB Free Data (100GB to use anytime?)

+Free Night Surfer data between 12am to 7am (Unlimited?)

+This price is based on a 2Mbps ADSL line. (?)
Yes.

Yes, but you are limited as to how much you can download purely due to your line speeds 10Mb/s x 7hrs x 30days.

Dunno wtf they are on about, it's softcap data. If you go look at the do premium bundle there's no mention of 2Mb/s line.