Unsubscribing from MTN play subscription

The_David

I love that its a know issue at MTN yet i am still getting the run around to try resolve it myself.

webAlly

I found this and it worked for me: Subscribers may unsubscribe by SMSing STOP to 0839301144.

I got this from the terms and conditions on gamer+ subscription website.

UserNo12345

Absolutely hate these con artists.
Received my set of random unsolicited SMSes this morning.

Cancelled the fraudulent subscription immediately by dialling the following USSD code:
*155#

CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION
Steps to follow:
  1. Dial *155# in your telephone app and call.
  2. A USSD code menu will pop up. It is the MTN Subscription Services Manager.
  3. Press no. 1 (or the corresponding number) to View or Cancel.
  4. A follow-up menu will pop up. This shows you all the services you are subscribed to.
  5. Press no. 1 (or the corresponding number) to Unsubscribe from all the Subscription Services. This will cancel ALL the subscription services your account is subscribed to.

OPTIONAL PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE
  6. Now go back to the initial MTN Subscription Services Manager menu.
  7. Press no. 2 (or the corresponding number) to Set Services Limit.
  8. A follow-up menu will pop up. This gives you the option to Block All Future Charges.
  9. Press no. 2 (or the corresponding number) to Block any future charges and set your limit to R0.00.

Thank goodness for forums like this or else I would have been scammed as well.

I did NOT subscribe or register to MTN Gamer+, so to receive the following sudden message really upset me.

"Y'ello. You have been successfully registered with MTN Gamer+. Your account username is ****** and your password is ****."

Then I received another follow up message saying the following.

"Y'ello. Thank you for subscribing to MTN Gamer+ at R3.03/day or a lesser amount. 1st day is Free. Visit now http://bit.ly/2CYEXbK. To cancel dial *155#. Call 135 for help. Ts&Cs www.mtn.co.za."

How outrageous! I didn't even know that this thing existed and now I was somehow subscribed.
Terrible service from MTN!

20190726_092202.jpg

Cirala

This fraud from MTN has started up again. I and a few family members/friends have received SMS's described above. Dial *155# and block/cancel and change spend limit to zero.