US Election 2020 - Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the polls of polls accurate?

Aggregate.

You know what that means, right?

Rasmussen isn’t calling Gallup to see how it feels about Donnie, but...

If you take Rasmussen and Gallup’s results and calculate the *aggregate* to get an overall picture...

... You see where I’m going with this?
 
Aggregate.

You know what that means, right?

Rasmussen isn’t calling Gallup to see how it feels about Donnie, but...

If you take Rasmussen and Gallup’s results and calculate the *aggregate* to get an overall picture...

... You see where I’m going with this?

You use your opinion on which polls to include, then you assign a weighting based on your opinion of how they should be weighted.
This gives you an unbiased, accurate poll?
 
This is what a dose of anti-vax, Qanon, coronavirus is just the flu and believe anything that Trump says is true gets you.


Mom took her daughter to a coronavirus party at a church. Daughter got sick. Mom medicated her with hydroxychloroquine.

Her daughter died.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigated the teen’s last two weeks in the medical examiner’s report, which Jones said shows her mother, Carole Brunton Davis, had taken her on June 10 to a church-sponsored event to intentionally expose her immunocompromised daughter, who had survived cancer at 2, to the potentially deadly coronavirus.

Normal flu would be dangerous for someone like that.

Catching a disease like coronachan intentionally isn't going to cause you problems if you have a healthy immune system. It is after all how vaccines work.
 
You use your opinion on which polls to include, then you assign a weighting based on your opinion of how they should be weighted.
This gives you an unbiased, accurate poll?

They include *every* recognised poll's results...

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 13.43.33.png
Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 13.43.39.png

Which are then weighted on historic leaning and accuracy, and the data points get added to calculate an... aggregate...

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 13.44.32.png

Y'all keeping up pal?
 
I read through their methodology.
They explain how they use their judgement to create the polls.

Do believe that this poll is accurate and unbiased?

Their *poll aggregate*? Yup.
 
I read through their methodology.
They explain how they use their judgement to create the polls.

Do believe that this poll is accurate and unbiased?
Dude how else do you expect polls to be created? Throwing the bones? A robot with AI?

Dude you are trying to create a controversy where none exists.

If you can site a specific, critical flaw in their methodology other than "it was created by humans" then go ahead, otherwise you talking nonsense.
 
Dude how else do you expect polls to be created? Throwing the bones? A robot with AI?

Dude you are trying to create a controversy where none exists.

If you can site a specific, critical flaw in their methodology other than "it was created by humans" then go ahead, otherwise you talking nonsense.
A typical trump supporter believes adam and eve version which is un-falsifiable (coz god) but all other things are created by humans so they have critical flaws.
 
Dude how else do you expect polls to be created? Throwing the bones? A robot with AI?

Dude you are trying to create a controversy where none exists.

If you can site a specific, critical flaw in their methodology other than "it was created by humans" then go ahead, otherwise you talking nonsense.

I take it you also believe that polls aren’t manipulated and used to mislead people.
Whether it’s left wing or right wing.


I am fine with you believing that.
 
I take it you also believe that polls aren’t manipulated and used to mislead people.
Whether it’s left wing or right wing.


I am fine with you believing that.
Wow I hope you warmed up before making the stretch from "it is possible to manipulate a poll" to "ALL polls ARE manipulated".

That stretch is tough even for Reed Richards.

If you were able to show concrete evidence of manipulation in ANY of the polls presented to you today you would have the story of the year and every journalist in the world would be breaking down your door to get that story.

Ima wait here for you to show your evidence:
1594124538723.png
 
Wow I hope you warmed up before making the stretch from "it is possible to manipulate a poll" to "ALL polls ARE manipulated".

That stretch is tough even for Reed Richards.

If you were able to show concrete evidence of manipulation in ANY of the polls presented to you today you would have the story of the year and every journalist in the world would be breaking down your door to get that story.

Ima wait here for you to show your evidence:
View attachment 870971

I'm not saying all are.
I'm saying that they can be used to mislead and manipulate.

And this here:
 
I was chatting with bender.
He didn't seem to read anything I posted before, or that article the 2nd time I posted it either.
I did read it. It is generic captain obvious stuff about polls.

You are insinuating that the people performing these polls have somehow never heard of these 10 points and that they don't account for it at all.

If you're not insinuating that then you are literally saying something as useful as "Hey guys, the sky is blue".
 
I did read it. It is generic captain obvious stuff about polls.

You are insinuating that the people performing these polls have somehow never heard of these 10 points and that they don't account for it at all.

If you're not insinuating that then you are literally saying something as useful as "Hey guys, the sky is blue".
ok
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X