Devinity

Is this worth a try or are there better DNS options?

https://vipdnsclub.com/

Dont want to sign oin and i get screwed.

Netflix SA getting boring.

SmartDNS gives you a free trial for I think 2 or 4 weeks. Netflix US has a more episodes for a tv series than Netflix SA. I think you need to refresh SmartDNS every 2 days (on the free trial) if I recall correctly. It did not reduce my speed - it worked well.

SmartDNS is the best way - dont use a VPN (slow), use the DNS proxy(fast).

Signed up with https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount but no luck. When I changed router settings of DNS to that indicated on set-up screen it bombed out my internet and had to call axxess to assist to fix.

Axxess said something about DNS that cant be configured, something like that the8.8.8.8. Dont understand lingo.

Said my router, Netgear Telkom router cant be configured.

O well.

VicB

Signed up with https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount but no luck. When I changed router settings of DNS to that indicated on set-up screen it bombed out my internet and had to call axxess to assist to fix.

Axxess said something about DNS that cant be configured, something like that the8.8.8.8. Dont understand lingo.

Said my router, Netgear Telkom router cant be configured.

O well.

Some routers, especially those provided by ISP's don't really provide for custom DNS configurations. If you want to test, try using a smartphone / tablet / media player and entering the DNS settings on there. Though I have to mention that most of the smart DNS services are easily detected by Netflix after a couple of hours. It used to work very well, but after Netflix cracked down on it it's not really worth the trouble.

Some VPN's still work, but you need a fast connection as you need to factor in the slow down due to running the data through the VPN service. Also you need to change VPN servers from the service every couple of hours or days as Netflix detects the ip ranges that the VPN uses and then it stops working.

More trouble than it's worth really.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Some routers, especially those provided by ISP's don't really provide for custom DNS configurations. If you want to test, try using a smartphone / tablet / media player and entering the DNS settings on there. Though I have to mention that most of the smart DNS services are easily detected by Netflix after a couple of hours. It used to work very well, but after Netflix cracked down on it it's not really worth the trouble.
They seem to have eased off - I rarely have problems and when I do they're short lived. Really no trouble at all.

VicB

They seem to have eased off - I rarely have problems and when I do they're short lived. Really no trouble at all.

That's interesting...I used to rotate between US Netflix, US Amazon Prime and Hulu every other month using a DNS service, but when Netflix started their blocking of VPN's and DNS services, I cut them out completely. I also found the gaming and latency issues to be problematic if you permanently change the DNS settings on the router.

I'm now just using a permanent VPN on the guest network, so devices that require a US connection connect to the guest network, devices that require local internet and are latency sensitive like gaming consoles connect on the normal network.

I'll try US Netflix with my current setup again and see if it works.

mister

Executive Member

Netflix on SmartDNS has been giving the annoying unblocker message on 3 accounts that I manage lately. Quick email to SmartDNS and they made an adjustment and all is good again.

4ftersh0ck

Expert Member
I have been using the free VPN built into Opera now since Friday last week. Working perfectly for me

Batista

Executive Member
Anyone care to post a few screenshots of USA netflix latest releases?

jeremyq

Is it still working well?
Installed it this morning and now Netflix has blocked me.

I use it mainly to watch stuff on ITV player and BBC iplayer and one or two other things. My wife uses USA netflix no problem but her account was original signed up in UK as we use to live there so wonder if that makes a difference. For R60 there is a ton of awesome content that you get. https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Services

Sumen

Expert Member
Anyone care to post a few screenshots of USA netflix latest releases?
I can tell you that they have new movies available that you would have to either buy or rent in SA, like Black Panther.