Using either Payfast or Paygate for my Shopify store. Got any tips?

Steffy

I'm starting an online store using Shopify. I want use Paygate or Payfast as my payment gateway, but I've read a lot of negative reviews about them, especially on Hellopeter. The problem is that is information is outdated by almost a decade.

Is there anyone who uses them or who has used them recently? What are your opinions? Are they good or bad? Should I look for a different service?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

lived666

Executive Member
If its a local store then go with payfast, used them for years almost 0 issues - occasionally a client cant do the payment for whatever reason, but generally not many problems.

Steffy

It's not a local store.

Also, after posting this, I read somewhere that, if I use Payfast, my customers would need a Payfast account in order to make payments. I just think that that will put people off. If a customer sees it as an inconvenience, they might not make the purchase. I've seen a similar thing happen before, but with PayPal.

RedViking

Nord of the South
It's not a local store.

Also, after posting this, I read somewhere that, if I use Payfast, my customers would need a Payfast account in order to make payments. I just think that that will put people off. If a customer sees it as an inconvenience, they might not make the purchase. I've seen a similar thing happen before, but with PayPal.
I have used website with payfast, if I recall correctly you only need an account if you want to save your information. So it is not necessary.