Vasectomy concerns

Russell S

I am considering a vasectomy. From what I have gathered if all goes well, there is no decrease in sexual function or desire. Also the operation is quick and relatively painless. It can be done under a local anesthetic, which is what I would prefer.

But I have also heard horror stories. One guy I know said he woke from the operation in terrible agony that lasted for a year. He told me that it was the worst pain that he had ever experienced and that he would NEVER have had the operation if he had known what he would go through.

To anyone who has had this done, was it as easy as they all claim?

Also, any recommendations for who I can speak to about this in the Randburg / Sandton area? Preferably someone who has never had patients subsequently change gender, or their surnames to "Bobbit"... :sick:

marine1

Honorary Master
Funny I was discussing this with my doc today, he said its not so simple. I did not go into too much details but basically I do not want to have a kid and do not want some chick to fall pregnant.
There are unfortunately not many options to my knowledge

Russell S

Funny I was discussing this with my doc today, he said its not so simple. I did not go into too much details but basically I do not want to have a kid and do not want some chick to fall pregnant.
There are unfortunately not many options to my knowledge
In what way did he say it is not simple? Did he mention any risks?

marine1

Honorary Master
Sorry Russel, no. He just said its not that simple that you just walk in and walk out.
I thought it was so after hearing that I just left it at that.

Ekstasis

Honorary Master
Russel S, the most important issue surrounding a vasectomy is for you to make certain that this is what you really want. It's a fairly permanent situation (don't think medical aid will pay for reverse op should you go that route later)

As far as I can remember, there was no pain or discomfort in my case. Whenever you decide to do this make sure you have time of to stay at home. It will be recommended that you keep still ito activities. You will have to support your testicles by way of wearing extra material such as socks inside your underwear.
You will also have to ejaculate a few times to get rid of semen stored in the reserves. Most of the fluid in your semen comes from the prostate so you'll still have thi, just without any sperm. It does look different though.

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
A friend had it done a year ago coz he and his wife decided 3 children were more than enough.

He was very upset afterwards coz he got told to wear pads for a few days.

I could not help :D

Centronix

Expert Member
A friend had it done a year ago coz he and his wife decided 3 children were more than enough.

He was very upset afterwards coz he got told to wear pads for a few days.

I could not help :D
Hahaha oh boy. See, this is one of the reasons I might pass on this

Vegeta

Executive Member
You do realize they cut off your balls don't you? Oh wait is that a different thing? Too much reality plastic surgery TV :sick: :D

ColinR

Expert Member
I went in, was out after a few hours. I was climbing in the roof running LAN cables that evening. There was mild pain. Take the meds they give you. Simple, painless. Best thing ever.

Naks

Expert Member
Also the operation is quick and relatively painless. It can be done under a local anesthetic, which is what I would prefer.
Don't do it under local. I did and it was not a pleasant experience although it was nowhere as close as being stung by a stonefish.

You can go back to work the next day, but take one day off and sit with a bag of frozen peas under your balls :)

Obviously no sexual activity for a couple of weeks to allow the incisions to heal properly, but after that go wild.

And get a test done afterwards (6-8 weeks) to make sure it was done properly.

Nuro

Expert Member
Had mine done 2 years ago, it really is simple. Mild discomfort for 2 or 3 days, no side-effects. My bro also had it done about 5 years ago.

Russell S

hmmmm what made you decide on a vasectomy ?
I don't like and don't ever want children. I far prefer travelling and exotic holidays to school fees and nappies. Every time a child screams in a shopping center I want to shove a roll of toilet paper down their throat. Every time someone brings a baby into the offices I need to leave the room. The last time this happened someone asked me what the matter was, and I replied quite honestly that their baby was screaming while I was trying to work, and the noise was hurting my ears. I don't find babies cute, I find them revolting. Then when they grow up, they seem to think that they have the right to decide (demand) how you should spend your hard earned money on them. I could go on, but I am sure that you get the picture. I would be the worst father ever.

Naks

Expert Member
I don't like and don't ever want children. I far prefer travelling and exotic holidays to school fees and nappies. Every time a child screams in a shopping center I want to shove a roll of toilet paper down their throat. Every time someone brings a baby into the offices I need to leave the room. The last time this happened someone asked me what the matter was, and I replied quite honestly that their baby was screaming while I was trying to work, and the noise was hurting my ears. I don't find babies cute, I find them revolting. Then when they grow up, they seem to think that they have the right to decide (demand) how you should spend your hard earned money on them. I could go on, but I am sure that you get the picture. I would be the worst father ever.

give that man a Bells :)

InternetSwag

Expert Member
My dad had his done and I remember he was in a lot of pain for about 3 days. Like any movement he was in pain.

But he's 100% now.