VDSL ISP?

MonTage

Hi Guys,

Getting VDSL before the end of September, and wondering which ISP is the best with regards to speeds/throttling etc.

If there has already been a thread, i apologize in advance.

TIA

stefan9

Executive Member
Using Crystal Web. Very happy with the performance on their 20mbps fusion uncapped.

Saajid

Expert Member
Pretty much all the major ISPs offer VDSL services. I'd recommend a high-cap unshaped account bundled with your line rental from Afrihost, instead of uncapped. But that's just me. If you know how much you use per month, and it is around 300GB or less, it makes no sense to get uncapped.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi Guys,

Getting VDSL before the end of September, and wondering which ISP is the best with regards to speeds/throttling etc.

If there has already been a thread, i apologize in advance.

TIA

You can use any normal ADSL account on a VDSL line. As long as you have a VDSL modem.

Our recommendations will depend on how much data you want move a month and if you try download after midnight.

MonTage

i think 300 to 400 GB a month would be more than sufficient.

Crystal Web

Crystal Web representative
Company Rep
Using Crystal Web. Very happy with the performance on their 20mbps fusion uncapped.

Happy to help you out, Montage.

We have live chat on our site with agents happy to talk to you about the best option for your needs, and the technical details associated with the VDSL migration of need be. www.crystalweb.co.za :)

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones

With that usage the 20Meg home uncapped from Web Africa will be fine. Especially if you do some of your usage after midnight.

MonTage

Yeah, i think most of my usage will be during the night, whilst i sleep.

Charly

Does anyone user that vox uncapped bolt on after hours and weekends for R59? Anyone know if it's good?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Does anyone user that vox uncapped bolt on after hours and weekends for R59? Anyone know if it's good?

Its the best account out there. You can read more in the adsl isp forum in the thread @lantic uncapped bolt on feedback.