Vodacom data billing complaints

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Yesterday was two weeks since a gentleman by the name of Faiek Mohamed sent me a SMS that they will come back to me within 14 days on my Data Query....
Yep. Value for money. My contracts (Yes. All three of them) will be moved to a new service provider as soon as possible.
I am now sick and tired of Vodacom's weird billing methods and lack of customer service.

I had the same pleasant surprise a few weeks ago. According to Vodacom I burned through R600 worth of out of bundle data, while I still had data left on a 500mb bolt on bundle. Strangely enough - I did this while in a area with horrendous cellphone coverage. You're lucky to get 3G there.
And I did not receive a single notification.
I did follow up with Vodacom - a very helpful call center operator tried to assist me - once their system was back up. He escalted it and I received a sms that someone would come back to me on my query within 14 days. That was 5 days ago. Will keep you lot in the loop what happens.

Funny thing - I have 3 cellphone contracts with Vodacom and 2 data modems with MTN. Guess which 2 has never given me any issues...

Emile du Toit

THIS IS DAY 12 AND VODACOM HAVE NOT CORRECTED ANY OF THEIR STUFF UPS! This is my 3rd complaint on Hello Peter, plus several on Facebook and an email to CEO Mohamed Joosub. Lets face it, this company has no interest in their customers. Just a quick recap on my main grievances: (1) Vodacom sold me a very expensive router that when it was clearly not functioning properly claimed it was because I was using a different companies sim. A few weeks later I bought a Vodacom sim and the problem is actually WORSE. (2) Vodacom claims that I used up 8 Gig of data in my first 36h of my contract, despite only surfing and not downloading a single thing. (3) Despite clearly signing for a nightowl contract (my signature is on record and the staff at the Cavendish branch can support this 100%) they claim I do not have a nightowl contract. (4) When I contacted customer care they were seriously USELESS and the manager in charge refused to refer me on to anyone, OR EVEN GIVE ME A REFERENCE NUMBER FOR MY CALL. (5) it has now been 10 days and I haven't even received any contact from their technical team. Lets face it, none of these issues should take more than 20 minutes to fix! What appalling service!

coretg

you are not alone on this one, despite being in the drakensberg where there is nearly just edge signal, i used my 3g dongle to send a mail, only to be told today that i owe vodacom R15 000 because i downloaded 12.9 Gigs in two hours from 12am on new years till 2am. Im a mikrotik programmer and i can definitely say that the amount of data is not possible in that time period using edge. Funny story tho is that the 3g device was not even plugged in at that time..... i have yet to hear back from anyone at vodacom regarding this.....

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
you are not alone on this one, despite being in the drakensberg where there is nearly just edge signal, i used my 3g dongle to send a mail, only to be told today that i owe vodacom R15 000 because i downloaded 12.9 Gigs in two hours from 12am on new years till 2am. Im a mikrotik programmer and i can definitely say that the amount of data is not possible in that time period using edge. Funny story tho is that the 3g device was not even plugged in at that time..... i have yet to hear back from anyone at vodacom regarding this.....
Have you logged a dispute? If you wish pm me the 3G number and I will check on the SR number what progress have been made or what the status is.

gaimmo

The worst thing I have done is leave MTN for Vodacom

I have just had this happen to me by Vodacom as well.

Vodacom claim I used 2GB of data while my phone is still sitting at 800MB.

Further more the Vodacom Broadacres store took it apon themselves to disregard my request for a package and gave me another that is R300 a month more. Why would I leave MTN where I was paying 399 and move over to Vodacom for 780 or do they think we just love hasnding over our cash as there is nothing better to do with it than pay for the CEO's holidays abroad.

igi

R20000 after an 8 week period here. This was on my girlfriends phone that I was paying for. When I asked them if they could send me proof that they sent the warnings to the handset in question, they said no, not even if I visited them at their offices. Their sharks! They know most people are ignorant of the tech involved and pricing plans rules and bs. It's 2012 and this is still happening and judging by the comments here and the complaints on HelloPeter about this exact issue these are not isolated cases either. One very unhappy panda here :( Screw you Vodacom.
row row row you boat gently to prepaid stream
:)

Drika

i am desperate for help with a Vodacom bill of R2226.00
I am unable to get anybody from Vodacom who can give me straight answers.

Daniel Yeriah

Hi everybody I have this to share with you.I travelled abroad and before I could leave I called vodacom to activate roaming was told a deposit was required .I told call centre agent not to worry as I would purchase a sim at my landing destination . When I got back I requested my itemised bill only to discover that I had been charged an amount of R 39.15.
I then called the call centre and after 2 weeks of frustrating calls to them I got a response stating that there was a system error that allowed the billing to take place .My question is how is how is it possible that I can be billed if roaming is not activated and my sim was not in my phone so how is it possible to get charged . Well this is the key as to why there have been so many people crying about data charges .I will be challenging this and if there are other people pls comment as this has to stop

Zyk1

Expert Member
Would be nice to hear back from the OP, or anyone else whi resolved their queries with VC.
I recently ported to VC so I am interested in this

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Hi everybody I have this to share with you.I travelled abroad and before I could leave I called vodacom to activate roaming was told a deposit was required .I told call centre agent not to worry as I would purchase a sim at my landing destination . When I got back I requested my itemised bill only to discover that I had been charged an amount of R 39.15.
I then called the call centre and after 2 weeks of frustrating calls to them I got a response stating that there was a system error that allowed the billing to take place .My question is how is how is it possible that I can be billed if roaming is not activated and my sim was not in my phone so how is it possible to get charged . Well this is the key as to why there have been so many people crying about data charges .I will be challenging this and if there are other people pls comment as this has to stop
PM me your number so I can check what was done on the line.

@55cand

I have been getting a voice message saying my account is in arrers.I was suprised why because I have never skipped my payment.I had an Iphone 6 on smart s which I paid it off on may,I used to pay R538 every month,before I paid off my iphone i asked how muh I need to pay and I was told R421 which I did pay.I took an upgrade for huewei online and aslo add another contract of huewei.Every month im supposed to pay R159* 2 whichh I started paying this month as was advise to start paying by an agent telephonically.Now when I called was told im owing from last year,again was told i have to pay upgrade fees and initial fees of which the agent i called to day ago told me i do not have to pay.she adviced that they will listen to my previous call.again im billed again R538 for iphone 6 device n smart phone of which I have paid it off alredy.i was told that one of the agen will call but im still waiting,i dont have any comminication nor email to show that they trying to solve.today I got another voice message that My account is in arrers and that means my credit is been affected whereas I do not even owe them.can you please advice what i should do in this case cause my connection might be halted because it seems as if im owing,never experience sucjh kind of service with any product i have have bought.so discussed with the whole process.it sucks actually

Mrlepen

Vodacom is the best network in south africa. People love it.bloody expensive though.

LazarusR

Vodacom is the best network in south africa. People love it.bloody expensive though.
Their advantage is extensive network coverage inc in most remote rural areas other than that I do nt see anything special. They are extremely very expensive. If Telkom Mobile can extend their coverage life Vodacom did I see them being the leader in this sector soon.