packetloss

Regardless of won and lost.
All these ****3rs vandalizing sites and stealing cables should be castrated and euthanized.:mad:

marine1

Honorary Master
Was speaking to a friend who always has dropped calls in the certain area on the route and on that day during the test, no dropped calls.
I know you are going to say I am a conspiracy theorist but I am convinced certain networks prioritized traffic on the routes.

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
Was speaking to a friend who always has dropped calls in the certain area on the route and on that day during the test, no dropped calls.
I know you are going to say I am a conspiracy theorist but I am convinced certain networks prioritized traffic on the routes.

Yes, you are.

How would the networks have known the route beforehand?

Beri

Expert Member
Now get them to explain OOB RATES.
and why they cannot send a simple email before your data is depleted.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
“Aki’s 2013 Cellphone Safari” already had a positive effect. Vodacom investigated their three dropped calls, and are working on improving their performance in these areas.

I am suitably impressed that VC took it on themselves to check out the causes for drops. It wasn't necessary, but kudos.

As for Cell C, where the heck are you guys? Are you even make a wee bit of effort or is this going to be swept under the burgeoning rug?

Regardless of won and lost.
All these ****3rs vandalizing sites and stealing cables should be castrated and euthanized.:mad:

Yup, varmits they are. Economic damage they are doing. Another grievance I have with our government. Just exactly when are they going be making an effort to enforce and cripple the king pins behind the crime. A start would be increasing the penalty in the punishment for those caught. Another would be to come down like a ton of bricks on scrap metal dealers caught without proper records for scrap metal bought from these critters. Close their businesses down and put them in jail. Hit where it hurts and hit hard.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Be careful what you wish for.

I am saying it, as when criminals are ruling the country, it is likely that you will be castrated and euthanized. They will do it to you as soon they realise they cannot take hold on you, making you dependent on them, or making you similiar to them.

Last edited:

smallearth

Expert Member
Now get them to explain OOB RATES.
and why they cannot send a simple email before your data is depleted.

Simple. With 31 million subscribers, they stand to make about R31billion a year in OOB gouging. And thats assuming only half of them are on contracts using data, and that they only spend R2000 a year on OOB which is very modest in my personal experience.