Voice over Bluetooth

demOZZracy

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to 'chat' over bluetooth with your phone.
Thing is, my friends and I want to take kind of a roadtrip on our bikes, and would like to be able to talk to each other.
I have a sone ericssons w890i, my friend also has some earlier model almost the same as mine, and the other guy has a nokia music express.

Can anyone help me find a program, or have a better solution?

Trybble

Software and setup issues aside, this isn't a good idea. Bluetooth has a range of 10 metres, although my phone/headset combination drops out at about 3m. With that distance limitation, why bother? You can shout to each other even over the engine/wind noise.

Get yourself a pair of cheap licence-free walkie-talkies and headsets. Range 3km. With VOX. Much less headache.

kvi

Expert Member
presuming you are talking about motorbikes not mountain bikes? there is a very successful bluetooth device used that is sold at most motorcycle shops called scala. bit pricey but works like a dream i hear

Trybble

presuming you are talking about motorbikes not mountain bikes? there is a very successful bluetooth device used that is sold at most motorcycle shops called scala. bit pricey but works like a dream i hear

Scala Rider? Great for use between driver and passenger on the same bike. Not so hot between different bikes - there's that little range issue that comes into play.

The Scala Rider Q2 claims up to 500m range in wide-open terrain which would be okay for bike-to-bike but, as indicated, going to be costly. Since it's a Class-1 Bluetooth device I would question the 500m claim - it's probably more like 100m.

*Trybble

demOZZracy

Well were basically looking for the most basic (and cheapest) way of communicating to each other.
And yes, I was talking about motorbikes :)